Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A little stumped lol

Rkwiant

First off I am really good at Mastercam but for some reason this is not working out. I feel stupid lol anyways im trying to make operation 2 exactly like Operation 1 but for some reason it will not work correctly. I want to cut the whole groove at once but for some reason Mastercam is not cooperating with me today. Here is the Program. Any thoughts please let me know.

Thanks

Ken

im trying to make operation 2 exactly like Operation 1

Thanks

Ken

I did not look at your file, but...

Did you try just copying the operation? (Right click & drag, then choose copy after) That will keep all the parameters the same and you can just select new geo if you need to.

Yes I did Copy and paste :), its what i always do and i reselect my geometry. I might have changed stuff around since I copied and pasted to try and get it working correctly but it is not working :(. I will be using 2d to do the OD but when i put a .062 radius in my cutter it cuts past the finished OD. So i put a .001 radius in tool and just going to take smaller cuts. the OD is held within .003 thousands btw. Don't really know away around messing with the radius of a tool

I figured maybe you guys can try seeing if you can get it to come out the same, All i wanted to do was ramp down the 5 degrees to finish on both sides. the Center will already be cut out. And the OD would also be finished with a 4" t-slot cutter in 2D tool pathing.Like i said before, I am pretty proficient in Mastercam. I have no clue why it is doing what it is doing. Maybe some one with MU1 can copy and paste the 1st toolpath and see if it comes out the same. This way I know my recent update to MU2 is the Problem.

I can get it to do the same with a copy/paste. It just warns me of undercut tools not being supported in gap gouge check. I just clicked ok and the toolpath still went fine.

EDIT - lol, never mind. I just noticed what the second path was doing. Not sure why its doing that. I as well have MU2

Dieselpower1 thanks a bunch i never used that option before. Im just trying to figure out how you selected the geometry to make it toolpath. I got another one i have to do and was trying to figure out where you selected chain point 7 at. I figured out chain point 1 and 6.

• Like 1