Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

C axis Circle Interpolation

westerfieldc

• 2 years later...

On a C axis Toolpath there is Contour Type just like Normal Contour in Mill has if you were using a Milling toolpath. You change the contour type the dialog changes to support ramp for the toolpath. Using it on a Multus U4000 and works slick. I have Ramp with C Axis for years on Mill Turns and good way to get a lot of Material out of a part quick like.

Are you sure you have your rotary axis set to C, and not Y or No Rotation?

I'm actually using Axis substitution under the "C Axis contour toolpath", It's some flat text that I have drawn that I wish to cross engrave but the generated code has no arcs at all and is overwhelmly long!

I wish to use the machine's G107 capability.

Sounds like you need to allow Arcs in X,Y,Z. Go to your MD/CD.          

Arcs are enabled in the MD/CD

I'm actually using Axis substitution under the "C Axis contour toolpath", It's some flat text that I have drawn that I wish to cross engrave but the generated code has no arcs at all and is overwhelmly long!

G107? What kind of machine are you running? If it's some kind of mapping function or rotary interpolation, most likely the reason you're not seeing the code you want is because the post isn't set up to output it.

Have you looked at the mi or mr if using standard lathe? In the MT product that will be in the consumer settings to turn that on or off.

HTH

Sorry I'm not too advanced with mastercam nor it's terminology, what is mi and mr?

They are called misc values. They are switches used by most posts to control different outputs needed like what you are needing here. I would suggest getting a hold of your local dealer and having them help you sort it out.

Never mind about the MT product.