Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rough surface pocket problem?

germ

I use the same version mc91 sp1 at home and work.

virtually the same computers only difference is work is windows 2000 and home is xp. I loaded file 13a-1_rough_pl_fxt.mc9 to the mcam_9 folder on thr ftp site. The path runs almost any way i set it at home, but at work i get a mill9.exe error everytime it generates. I even tried regening same path from home with absolutly no changes and got same error. any input would be greatly appreciated

+1 do you have all the latest Dll 9.15?

I do the Same thing Have Xp at home and 2000 at the offcie and get files all the time from the FTP at our office. I would olny ask this one question do you have the MC loaded in the same exact place as the one at work. I found I was doing something wrong in the past with The NCI placement. It could also be a config issue with what you have set at work verse what you have set at home.

If the place for the post or the tools or soemthing is just a little different it could possbile be making the problem. I found it easy to make copies of everything at work and putting in the same place and way to keep from having problems like this surley couldnt hurt.

Crazy Millman

It can be a virus like notorious Blaster!

If you don`t have a firewall monitoring and firewalling your 135 port you are vulnerable if you have WinNT, 2000 or Xp .

It will crash NT but will not infect , and infect 2000 and Xp.

Xp it will blow down knees, 2000 will be more stable if it can be called but will overspread itself over internet ,imply DOS type attack and do other malishious things.

One of simptoms is impossibity to make copy paste.

Those who hadn`t upgraded windows kernel must download patch from Microsoft and firewall is the must!

Go to Macaffee site ,dounload the latest Stinger program to check and clean your system.

Iskander supposingly clean Ha=HA !

Ok Germ, after going thru the file running the latest XP Pro and the latest Mastercam.

I have NO trouble once I went back in to your file and looked at what you did.

I have found this in the pass, the issue is that you only picked the main surfaces and left many surface inside of your boundary not picked leaving allot of gaps.

If you go back and say pick all or window around that area it will work fine.

I know that you did not pick some surfaces being were the injector pins go due to you do not want the tool to go in there.

This is were Create surface Trim/extend Fill holes comes in great just for this problem...

JM2C

quote:

Iskander supposingly clean Ha=HA !

I heard that.....I thought I was clean frown.gif

I have XP at home and the Blaster nuked me good.

I couldn't stay in windows long enough to do the fix.

When I tried to boot into safe mode.....well....it just kept booting from that page. Wouldn't even go into safe mode. mad.gif

I have a firewall up and everything. Even have random IP.

Stupid me I didn't make a recovery disk....

Norton's Ghost is the only way to fly.

Murlin teh Ghost..........