Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: Need workholding recommendations

Thad

Sorry to replay to this one late but that bondo is a good way to do things. You can also use rice paper tape on complex surfaces to keep it supported hard to get the tape but great stuff learned that trick out here. One thing to add to the Mite-Bite and the angle down clamps I would put them inside and outside on parts that I had worry about influencing the shape. I also used shim stock to keep the highs of the material up when clamping down if to badd but would also realx the clamps one I got to where I wanted to finish. The last thing I would add is seeing what outsdie processing would cost your for doing like blanchard grinding of the parts I have seen some really big boys out there doing it. Maybe out fo the question but just thought I would throw it out there.

Crazy Millman

hey there thad

tecnomagnete the same one's that hardmill

said. i went down to make sure,but even though

they work really good they come with a big

price. you can have them come out. they will let you use a demo for a while to see how you like it. i hope this helps you out a little. have a good day bud

biggrin.gif marty biggrin.gif

refering to your die shoes. i would use your handling holes like you do, and if there not in, i would put them in on the radial drill and then mill them.

afer all is said and done i would total all your hours and estimate what it cost them for you to do this, and then compare what it would cost to have them blanchard ground before they come in. it's worth a shot. have a good day bud

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

We currently use a 8' by 4' router. It has a vacuum setup. I drilled holes throughout a wood board that is held down by double-sided tape. Hasn't budged in 5 years. With the vacuum table, clamps are avoided except for very small parts. I surround the part with cardboard and close off the unused valves to increase the suction power. It works exceptionally well. Maybe another option to look into. Do you guys have a router big enough to fit your part?

Vacuum tables are nice. Also, you'd be surprised how well a good double-sided tape works for smaller parts. Clamps I use as mentioned above on very small parts. I 'vacuum' the rest.

You could 'buy' a vacuum system to use with your router, though we retro-fitted ours. Building your own can save on dough spent.

Just another option not mentioned here... wink.gif