Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6MU3 has been released

gcode

The EXE didn't change, which is why there's no 15.3.0.2 version for Mastercam.EXE. Only the DLLs which drive the CAD file import/export functionality have changed (and they're the ones that are listed under details). Also some of the files under Common (ACISData, and EDGEData, for instance) have changed, but they're not our DLLs, they're provided by 3rd parties, so they don't fall under our versioning system - or under Help/About/Details.

That's the long-winded answer to your question...but the short answer is "yes - you have successfully installed the update and you're seeing just what you should be seeing"

One computer is an epic fail. (pentium 2GHz, Win XP 32 bit, 2 GB ram, integrated graphics.

The other one has an i7 2GHz processor with "turbo boost" up to 2.9 GHz, Win7, 6GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 525M vid card with 1 GB RAM. Will the processor be enough?

Yeah, the first PC would be a waste of time. The second PC will do well with a graphics card upgrade first of all. I would go with at least a Quadro 2000 if you do any complicated stuff. That is what we have and I can still bog it down to a crawl sometimes.

Yeah, the first PC would be a waste of time. The second PC will do well with a graphics card upgrade first of all. I would go with at least a Quadro 2000 if you do any complicated stuff. That is what we have and I can still bog it down to a crawl sometimes.

even thow I agree that the 2000 is a better choice it also maters what type of work you are doing are you doing simple 2d work with single parts not big files then this will work great. but if you are going to be doing allot of 3d and higher and large file say 20 megs and higher go with a updated quadro like the 2000 or higher.

Well I wanted to install MU2 and MU3 today but something went haywire.

After the MU2 install I wanted to open Mastercam to make sure everything looked OK before installing MU3.

When I went to open Mastercam, the crash report window came up and the program would not launch.

I tried re-booting, then repairing, but neither worked.

I ended up doing a full uninstall / reinstall and now it seems to be OK.

I still want to install the updates but now I'm concerned that the same error will repeat. :ouch:

Well I wanted to install MU2 and MU3 today but something went haywire.

After the MU2 install I wanted to open Mastercam to make sure everything looked OK before installing MU3.

When I went to open Mastercam, the crash report window came up and the program would not launch.

I tried re-booting, then repairing, but neither worked.

I ended up doing a full uninstall / reinstall and now it seems to be OK.

I still want to install the updates but now I'm concerned that the same error will repeat. :ouch:

You don't want to use x6 with out them.

Try MU1, mu2, mu3, maybe it is wise to do all three??

MU2 on top of X6 followed by MU3 is the way to go

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I had a little break in the action yesterday so I thought I'd do the updating, but it didn't go well as I explained here.

Today I'm busy with a job, and I'm off tomorrow through Jan 2nd.

I will give the updates another shot then. ;)

After installing MU3 I tried to open step file from folder with Czech special character and it still dont work, Mastercam crashes.

Smrk,

Can you send me a file?

Please also send the full path to where the file is stored on your computer...we should be able to handle non-English characters in the name and in the path.

We do this by making a renamed copy of the file in the Mastercam Temp folder...does that folder have non-English characters in its path?

Thanks in advance

Hey there...

Has anyone had the message that MU3 cannot be installed unless MU2 is installed....and MU2 IS installed? :help:

I show 15.2.1.2 for the version....

Ugh....

<edit>

This fixed the problem for me...

We’ve found that the few folks who have reported this have a spurious “mastercam.exe” laying around on their system (but haven’t yet determined how it got there). To solve this, on a 64 bit machine, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and try to find a Mastercam.exe file. If found delete it. On a 32 bit machine, go to C:\Windows\System32 and delete the Mastercam.exe file if it exists. If you found a Mastercam.exe and deleted it you should be able to run the MU3 installer. If you were not able to find a Mastercam.exe file then we will need to do further investigation. But so far in two different cases a Mastercam.exe file was found in these locations.

Smrk,

Can you send me a file?

Please also send the full path to where the file is stored on your computer...we should be able to handle non-English characters in the name and in the path.

We do this by making a renamed copy of the file in the Mastercam Temp folder...does that folder have non-English characters in its path?

Thanks in advance

Upon further investigation it looks like we've found why Smrk and others are still having trouble with non-English characters when opening STEP files in X6 Mu3. When we encounter a STEP filename with non-English characters, we make a copy of it - with only English characters - in the Mastercam TEMP folder and then read that in instead.

BUT...

If the Mastercam Temp folder has non-English characters, we will have trouble with that. We tested here with STEP files with non-English names and that method worked fine ( but only because our Temp folders do not have non-English characters).

As a workaround, renaming the Temp folder will fix the problem.

And we will address it more robustly in X7.

Sorry about that...

Pete