Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X6MU3 has been released

gcode

GCode, you may have been misinformed.

It seems some bugs were fixed, along with some enhancements added.

According to the Info box on the download page -

"Mastercam X6 MU3 includes many bug fixes and enhancements, including support for SolidWorks 2013 files, SolidEdge ST5 files, Rhino v5 files, R23 of the ACIS format, and the following list:.."

"Mastercam X6 MU3 includes many bug fixes and enhancements, including support for SolidWorks 2013 files, SolidEdge ST5 files, Rhino v5 files, R23 of the ACIS format, and the following list:.."

check out the readme file dated 11/8/12

"C:\Program Files\mcamx6\documentation\ReadMe.htm"

LA CAMmer, where did you find that list?

Noticing on Mastercam's site the system requirements:

Processor

§ 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) minimum

§ 32-bit or 64-bit Intel®-compatible processor

Note: The processor must be SSE2-compatible. Intel-compatible processors manufactured since 2003 should be SSE2-compatible.

Operating System

§ Windows XP, Windows Vista® (Business or Ultimate), or Windows 7 (Professional or Ultimate) including the latest service packs and recommended updates

Memory

§ 2 GB minimum

§ Additional RAM recommended for optimal performance

Graphics Configuration

§ 256MB OpenGL-compatible graphics card (minimum)

§ Professional-level graphics card designed for CAD/CAM applications required, NVidia Quadro or AMD FirePro series recommended

§ Integrated graphics controllers are not supported

§ 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution (minimum)

§ Full hardware acceleration display setting is recommended

One computer is an epic fail. (pentium 2GHz, Win XP 32 bit, 2 GB ram, integrated graphics.

The other one has an i7 2GHz processor with "turbo boost" up to 2.9 GHz, Win7, 6GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 525M vid card with 1 GB RAM. Will the processor be enough?

No, we're mostly drilling, tapping, and milling in X / Y.

We're replacing some SW computers with newer computers, so the shop manager will keep his decent laptop, and I'll replace the other one I mentioned, and one more I didn't mention (pentium 1, 512 K ram dinosaur running MC9) with:

(2) Dell Precision 490 with Xeon dual-core 2GHz processor, 3GB RAM, and NVIDIA Quadro FX3500 vid card. New copies of Win 7 Pro will be loaded.

Just downloaded and installed MU3 - The install process went through fine. When I open MasterCAM, up in the title bar is says "Mastercam Design (Mill, etc) X6 MU3. However, when I go to "Help" -> "About" I'm still showing "Mastercam X6 (15.2.1.2) and if I click on the "Details" button, I'm showing "Mastercam.Exe X6 MU2 (15.2.1.2) and under that it says "The following updates were found...." and under that it says "Version = X6 MU3 (15.3.0.2)" followed by a listing of DLL's. Does this mean that the update did not go in? And if it did why am I not showing "Mastercam X6 (15.3.0.2) under the "Help" -> "About" ??

Yes, that's exactly what I'm seeing - but according to that, I'm taking it as meaning that Mastercam is "seeing" the update but it has not been applied. I'm assuming that if the update had been applied, I should be seeing "Mastercam X6 (15.3.0.2) under "Help" -> "About" and under "Details" I should be seeing "Mastercam.Exe X6 MU3 (15.3.0.2)". Or does this mean that the update did take, but the version number hasn't changed due to the ".exe" not being changed ??