Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Design

AlbertZini

We use them on our trim steels and such as a way to undercut the area below the trim edge and we do have them drawn as a custom tool. I contacted our reseller and he sent me info on how to do custom tools, I cant remember what I did with them off hand but it is possible. I'll look for what he sent me and get back with you.

This is a 3d model on which to milling, I need to create teeth for further processing it in multi axes, it is not custom tool (lollipop) !!!

i would try solid sweep, with 2 chains that would allow you to draw a arc segment on a helix and cut you flute shape accordingly

• Like 1

Thank you Brandon, but you made an angle, and I want to see it with a spiral (roll)

oh i see what you mean, thats gonna be a bit more that i understand how to draw at this point, i might be able to figure that out if i had time to do so but im swamped at work and theres a snow storm coming where i live so i gotta prep for that..

somebody else whos better at drawing will help out im sure

im guessing you would start with creating points and possibly creating a spline

Seems to me to be able to do this you would need some kind of dimensions for it.. also.. is it a spiral or a curve?

If its a spiral it is really going to have to be drawn as a pline since a spiral is a constantly changing curve

An arc would be simpler.

Either way if you have a decent set of dimensions for this I would think you could make the spiral / curve in 2d and project it onto the diameter, then use that line to sweep the form you want.

It looks like the cutter tooth was on a plane. It would actually be very hard to grind the cutter if it were not on a plane. The cutter tooth tip is a circle (a slice through a sphere), but the toolpath of the grinding wheel is not. It is the intersection of the plane through the tooth tip and a cone from the next tooth. Do you really make your own cutters?

CUTTER.MCX-6

• Like 1

It looks like the cutter tooth was on a plane. It would actually be very hard to grind the cutter if it were not on a plane. The cutter tooth tip is a circle (a slice through a sphere), but the toolpath of the grinding wheel is not. It is the intersection of the plane through the tooth tip and a cone from the next tooth. Do you really make your cutters?

Thank you very much John!

Yes we want to create own cutters, it is for my friend, he want it :smoke:

• Like 1