Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks to V9.1 - CRASH

kathy

Hello All!

Does anyone else here have any problems with translating Solidwork 2003 files (via parasolid converter) into Mastercam V9.1????

I have a series of 4 like parts, translated from Solidworks, and they all cause Mastercam to crash. I've even deleted out the solid so I would be working with just the wireframe. The crash comes right after I try to xform or rotate! 5 times this morning already! So I'm trying something, by moving the entities to different levels before I have to rotate everything.

Yesterday, I had to disable the MoldPlus driver for Catread cause that was crashing Mastercam and hanging up my entire system!

This is getting old... BTW, I notified Mastercam QC several times mid August re these same files. No response at all!

Kathy

cool.gif

Paul - the MoldPlus server was locking up my system. I have it disabled right now. The crashing with these files is a Solidworks thing I'm sure...

Greg - I have tried saving the file. I have tried merging the wirefram into a new blank file. I have tried writing the file out to Autocad and converting into a new, blank, Mastercam file.

They all crash when I try to rotate or xform.

eek.gif Brain Fart eek.gif I'll rotate them in Autocad and translate them back into Mastercam.

Let you know how that works..

I have the original Solidworks files on our ftp site, but I don't know if Jay can upload them to his ftp site today. If you are really interested in trying them give me a holler and I'll see what I can do.

I would really like Matercam QC to respond.

Kathy

Kathy,

I also had crashes after translating or rotating,

don't remember where the files come from.

My problem solved by: decreasing the

"Number of entities for undelete" in the allocations.

HTH

[ 09-15-2003, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Henk ]

Kathy did you get my Mail saying that I tried all the files and had no trouble.

I will start the transfer befor I go to class.

They are in the to be converted to MC folder under the folder with kathys name on it.

Kathy class is good I like it.

[ 09-11-2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

James - We're all on W2K.

PDG - Debra looked at the files for me yesterday, and suggested sp2 today. Thanks.

Jay - thanks for the file transfer.

Anbu – I’ll e-mail you the Mold Plus info.

Guess what - we narrowed it down today - it's not just Solidworks translated files, but Autocad 2000 files! Happens when you try to translate geometry.

And it's not just me, another programmer started working with some imported Autocad files and ran into the big crash too!!!

We'll see about sp2 first of next week.

Kathy

cool.gif

btw - I'm on vacation tomorrow. My daughter has her first Water Polo all day tournament.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I have something with translated/rotated/mirror DWG stuff imported too. Works OK for Debra on her systems - crashes on mine. I keep drawing a blank. Works great on geometry I create but if I import it (so far only tried one part) then Dr. Watson's makin' a housecall. eek.gif I tried the same thing in V8.1.1 and it works but not in 9.1 SP02.

Hmmm.

James -

Let's keep our fingers crossed that sp2 will help. I'm sure once CNC isolate the problem they can fix it biggrin.gif

Kathy

hte @ home now, so who care if it crashes.

Actually, I'm working on homework - I'm re-taking (after many years) Trig. And I'm taking a litature class. All online, in the comfort of my living room... through the local jc.

Kathy,

I have not had any problem with importing S/W files, However I have had problems with posting from the ops manager, and a error when exiting M/C that had solids in it (STAMOD error, must be first call to K1), never got to the bottom of them, but I have decided it is a Windoze/computer problem rather than a M/C or S/W issue

BTW: We are still running V8, XP

Kathy not to beat a dead horse. I am wondering if by chance when you do file bring in are you picking soilds or surfaces for the parasoild conversion. I just had the same probelm you did when I tried bringing a parasoild that was a soild as surfaces but whne I did it as a soild it worked fine I really didn't pay attention in a hurry. I know how crazy it all get around here maybe it could be something as simple as that.

If not then sorry jst remember you whne htis happened.

Good Luck Crazy Millman

The blue ribbon goes to Henk cheers.gif

Marc L. and I were rally struggling with this yesterday so I could get stuff done and go on vacation. You know, it really helps to go back and read all the postings. redface.gif

I was set at 1000, and so was my co-worker. We reset back down to 500 and wht do you know!!!

Kathy

cool.gif

And thank all of you very much - I don't think I say that enough.

If you in Lodi this weekend, stop by the Grape Festival and the booth I'm woring at (for Lodi High) and say HI!

[ 09-18-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: kathy ]