Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to approach this ??!!

wojtek90

You know I meant it as a compliment :harhar:

I recreated the part as you demonstrated. That is so much easier. I have never used the primitives. I have used the Fastpoint option a few times. I always fumble trying to hit the comma is why I don't use it more. I need to bind it to my mouse ;)

So tonight I played yours and mine and had my class redraw this from the videos. I did not notice that I called out for a 3/8-16 taped hole instead of the 1/2-13 callout. so my mistake there.

Kevien I will do a go to meeting with you and give you a few more thoughts about the values and option of Fast point. ;-)

I hope everyone learns and enjoys what we do here. not just me all of you that share and try to help others to learn like Kevien for example.

I love it when Jay outdoes me. He always shows an easier and different way of doing things. It's the reason for the learning group. To see how the other guy does the same thing.

I started working with Mastercam X. I had a few pointers from a supervisor, but that was only for a few minutes the first day I sat down at the PC. Then I learned how to draw using a few tutorials I found. From there it has all been trial and error learning. These past few months I have been enrolled at eapprentice learning from Derek and Jay. It's really cool to see new and proper ways of doing things.

The only drawback to learning the way I did is now I find myself set in my ways. Even after seeing new techniques I often fail to remember them until after I have already done things the way I learned. So when I learn something new I try to re-create the technique a few different ways to really understand it and try to drive it home so to speak.

Which I am going to do right now ;)

I hear ya 100% man, I started with X2 and it's pretty much been a seat of the pants thing. I own most of the tutorial books but there's only so much info in those...

I've contemplated several times on joining eapprentice to improve my workflow / better toolpaths. I should quit being lazy and give it a go.

Btw, Love the videos jay! ALWAYS learn new ways to do stuff!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice. EVERY time you do a video I learn new ways to do stuff. Thanks Jay!

Very nice. EVERY time you do a video I learn new ways to do stuff. Thanks Jay!

Kevin you are showing me a lot of good stuff I really appreciate it, as same as others on this forum.

I would like to go back to my little project.

You show me two operation one on the top of stock and after flipping on the bottom, but I have another question.

How would you do it if you stock is1.5x5.25x1 so you have to work on right side then on the left site and then on two holes at the bottom. What do you think ?