Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

ERP Software

GoetzInd

Used Jobboss for years as well as Vantage (now Epicor.) Epicor is the mid to large enterprise system. Jobboss small to medium. Jobboss has a large installed user base and is very robust. It's modules are well tested. If you are a job shop and it fits your budget you probably won't go wrong or regret it. But that doesn't mean something else won't be fine for you. I last used Jobboss about 3 yrs ago (currently using Epicor 9). Although Epicor is a more powerful system I still find myself longing for some of the ease of use features in Jobboss.

I've never used E2. I have several vendors who use it Though. Ive heard a few grumbles but it seems to work for them.

We've used Jobboss for years; I personally have not had much hands-on with it until the last year. I have to say, it may be good for what it does, but it's UI is terrible. The thing that pisses me off the most is, in the job entry field, you CANNOT use enter to change a field. You have to use TAB. Who enters a number, and then hits TAB to confirm? But if you hit ENTER, it nullifies everything. 

We're switching to E2 after the first of the year. 

I was at a vendor yesterday who uses E2. I spoke with them a little about it. They are happy with it. Been using it 7 years. They did mention some quirks like data not updating in certain spots but it sounded like the usual quirks most systems have that sort of learn to work around.

The major point I wanted to pass along is the owner of this shop highly discouraged using E2s scheduling module and instead recommended JobPack. JobPack is 3rd party graphical finite scheduling software that interfaces with a bunch of ERP systems including E2.

I'm assuming that if you are currently using a home brew system you don't have scheduling in the system. If scheduling is something you are looking for you may want to. Investigate.

We initially looked at IQMS but it is exceedingly pricey for our needs. We're going to be deploying Syspro within the next month because it is what our sister companies are using and for now that is what makes the most sense. Almost anything is going to be better than the mish-mash of intertwined spread sheets and Quickbooks used by the old regime.

In a few months I'll try to remember this thread exists and post a review for Syspro since it wasn't mentioned.

https://www.syspro.com

http://www.iqms.com

You may want to look at M1 by ECI, I have done custom reporting for it in the past and it is powerful and highly customizable package designed specifically for manufacturing.

http://manufacturing.ecisolutions.com/

We have been using M1 for a year now and so far NOBODY in our shop likes it. The QC module still doesn't work properly and the software, while I agree that it is highly customizable, it is overly complicated. edit: I should add - that is in my opinion of course.

We switched from Visual MFG and after a year, our entire shop wants to go back to Visual.

We have been using M1 for a year now and so far NOBODY in our shop likes it. The QC module still doesn't work properly and the software, while I agree that it is highly customizable, it is overly complicated. edit: I should add - that is in my opinion of course.

We switched from Visual MFG and after a year, our entire shop wants to go back to Visual.

Whoa, their website is terrible.

• 9 months later...

Well I have used only domestic ERP products and can't really praise any of them.. you constantly keep getting some stupid Visual Basic error boxes when trying to do the most mundane tasks. These software must make the easiest buck with the least amount of effort put into actual software development.