Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Options in Southern New England?

djstedman

The company I am at is looking to upgrade our existing DNC setup to cover more machines and to upgrade from some older software..

I wont name the company we have been using, but suffice it to say they have left us pretty unimpressed with thier support over the years hence our desire to find a more reliable provider .. any suggestions of good reliable companies handling DNC, FTP, Ethernet communications in this area?

I went looking at EastTec for a new provider to see what I could find and found a company called Nexas America which offers a solution using predator dnc .. im wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them and if so have the provided good support etc.

Thanks for any input you can provide on this folks.

Hello,

We use Cimco DNC max here and the support is great from both the reseller and Cimco themselves. We had issues with the software not doing what we expected and it took about a week for Cimco to change the software to be able to do what we need. Can't tell about the reseller for your location but the support from Cimco is top notch.

As for the software itself, we never used anything else then Cimco.

Seems like everyone loves the cimco DNC solutions.. does it handle Ethernet and or FTP based transfer for newer controls? or is it only rs-232 based communications? I haven't ever had a chance to see it in use.

I have yet to find a Control I cant make work with Cimco DNC-Max

Serial, Directory Monitoring(Ethernet), FTP port, as well as a bunch of specialty protocols