Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x7 sp2 verify issues

fillingdave

Have you made any modifications to your XML defaults file for verify previously to the installation of SP2. I would like to know because I am in the middle of 2 huge projects right now and the last thing I need is the verification to slow down. So I will probably hold off of the installation of SP2 until this gets ironed out

Well I coudln't stand it. I got brave and backed up my disk 1st then installed the SP2. Actually it seems faster then before. My nci seems to load faster. The verify was definetly faster at fast forward to end. The accurate zoom seemed a little faster and the compare was definitely quicker especially backing out of compare.

In your my mcamx7 folder delete these files mwMachSim.ini, mwMachSim_UBVS.ini, mwVerifierGUI.ini, mwVerifierGUI_UBVS.ini Sometimes verify gets screwed up and deleting these files will force it to write new fresh ones. I have had to do it before.

Yeah I got to admit as hard as I am trying to like the new Verify I believe they really screwed the pooch on it. No matter what I do with the new verify or how I use it it is slowing down my productivity. Even with all the other features it has over the old verify it is hands down much slower to work with. I am already burnt out on the accurate zoom. I probably have to use it a thousand times a day. Well I have pretty much been a Mastercam fanboi until now. Time to start looking at alternatives as much as I hate to. Can't keep waiting for Mastercam to get better.

• Like 1

Well I have pretty much been a Mastercam fanboi until now. Time to start looking at alternatives as much as I hate to. Can't keep waiting for Mastercam to get better.

Me too... Only problem is the only other software that is comparable or better than MC is $$$$. Boss says no!

In my opinion we have all become beta testers. I have not seen a bug free release in years. I believe the new Verify should not have been released in the state that it is in. I would not even consider it a beta maybe an alpha. A large portion of the features don't even function yet and the ones that do function are abysmal. I have been told by some forum members and CNC employees not to use the verify as a way of checking my toolpaths but as a tool to check holder collisions. That I should use stock model for gouge checking and comparing. Well it's kind of hard to see how much tool engagement I may have in a certain area on a part when the stock model is doing everyting in the background. The quality of the visuals is so poor in the new Verify that I have too zoom in to an area and accurate zoom that area and then run the toolpath for it to somewhat resemble what I am working on. Then when I unzoom that area the cuts I just made disappear and I find myself having to spend all my time zooming and rezooming and rerunning toolpath over and over. I can't understand with all the other problems Mastercam has that they could possibly release the Verify in this state.

Just my opinion.

Well if you "look" at the bottom of my post you will see my Computer Specs. I have been working on and building computers since the early 90's and I have been running Mastercam for almost 21 years so I believe I have enough experience to state my own opinion. I just believe they should not have inegrated the Verify until it was fully functional and as bug free as possible. Remember It's just my opinion. I used to be a Mastercam Fanboi too, not any more.

Yes but rarely. Make sure you have some wire frame or your model up on screen and it is visible for the area you are zooming before you run verify. I don't know why but it has helped me when that happens. It seems as if it looses track of where it is zooming. I'm sure someone else has a better answer but this works for me. Also make sure that the button for 3/4 view is off.