Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

editing posts

cancercare

Hi gang,

I am still new at mastercam, I will search the old posts but I do not know what to search under, this is where I need your help.

What do you call it when...

I create a drawing and toolpaths, and post, then I want to edit my post (maybe feeds or speed and such, this may be as I am running the program I make the changes) I want to import the post back to my drawing file so any updates I make to the drawing the post still remains current.

Does this make sense?? and is this possible??

Thanks a bunch

Georgette

+1 to Hardmill

What we typically do is mark up the program manuscript during program prove-out if any changes are necessary and then change the .mc9 file accordingly after the parts are successfully completed so that if the part gets revved up at some point in the future and we re-post the program we don't need to reinvent the wheel

C

There always seems to be edits at the machine. I constantly try to fine tune the prg. so I always save the program out of the machine cause its the proven one. minor edits I dont worry about. if its major I will update the mc9 while running the machine. at least that way if all else fails I still have a generally good file to re post. I have a dir named good downloads and keep an excell file with it. my operators can always upload repeat prg by themselves.

You can create a model from the toolpaths if i rmemeber hearing correct on hear before do like a reverse and read the nc code into the mastercam and create a modle of the actullay toolpaths.

If you are doing what I think you are doing which is using a copy function on the machine to trace a part then make a NC code program from that then you are wanting to go to VERIsurf or someone like that that has digitzer program to take the points you find on the machine and create a model from that. If I am off base then ok.

Crazy Millman