Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Hasp not found!

gargodude

I am running an existing installation of X6 with NETHASP, using Mastercam-licensed CIMCO editor on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Occasionally, when posting or creating a setup sheet, the machine waits about 30 seconds and then gives the error message: "Mastercam Hasp not found!" The HASP is right there where it has always been (on the same machine) and MasterCAM opens just fine. I have searched the forum for this problem and everybody says the same thing: "just copy your nethasp.ini file into the CIMCO folder". This does not solve the problem. Neither does re-booting the machine or moving the NETHASP to a different USB port. Neither does setting my Norton Anti-Virus to exclude CIMCOedit.exe or nethasp.ini. Anoybody have a real solution to this problem?

Not yet. Of course this problem only happens after 5PM and on weekends. I'm going to call them today when they open. I called Cimco about it last time it happened and they said it was not anything they could do anything about because Mastercam licenses the copy you get with Mastercam.

UPDATE- FIXED! Just got off the phone with Jack at Sierra CAD/CAM. All I had to do was run nhaspx.exe on the host machine and set it to "local" (it was set to "network"). On the satellite machine, it should be (and was) set to "network". I know this was the way I set it up, but somehow, it got changed. I'm the only one who uses these computers, so how did it get changed? Evil spirits? Hmmmm. Many thanks to Jack!

• 10 months later...

it should be (and was) set to "network". I know this was the way I set it up, but somehow, it got changed.

Perhaps you uninstalled CodeMeter and then later re-installed CodeMeter and the settings got changed during that process.

• 2 years later...

It sounds like you are trying to run an encrypted post that is not complied for your hasp

Have you changed hasps recently? If so, you'll need to get in touch with your post developer

and get your post recompiled for your new hasp

6 hours ago, Ruthain said:

Hi, Could anyone help me to solve this issue of Hasp not found in Mastercam2017 whenever I'm posting? thank you. I'll appreciate any input concerning my problem.

What is the editor you are using to post to? Have you tired using notepad and see if you can post code? Have you checked the folder where the code needs to go and seen if there is code in that folder? Then it tells me the post is working and the editor is having issues with finding the post. I have seen this on computers that were once running crack version of Mastercam and then go legit. The only way I know to fix the issue is to do a clean install of windows and then install Mastercam. Not saying you were using a pirated version of Mastercam, just what I have seen.