Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 Bounding Box adding 0.0001" per side

CHAPES

I don't see it, but it prompts me to wonder, have you changed the system tolerance in your config?

It seems to me either something in your system tolerances has change or you've imported a file that may have a"VERY" slight rounding issue

I do not see it either, but that is the wonderful thing about computers not every one of them are made the same so that is the wonderful job of the coder to make it always be perfect on all the millions of different computers with all the millions of different configurations if they do not then they have made a flawed program that has this .0001 difference. Yes CamMan1 go change to something different you got them now.

Hum let see how long before Joan is posting about this latest thing of Mastercam flaws.

Man I wish my major problems here bounding box had .0001 added to it. Sorry guys, but this is a show stopper?

I have a laundry list of complaints about x7, this is just one of the more annoying things. I have been talking with my mcam dealer with my major complaints, this is one i thought might have been my fault.

Even though it is not a "show stopper" it is there and I can produce it every time. I tried it using the default config file installed with X7 and my config file. MIllman chill out.

It is will all files? Everything across the board?

Only does it on surfaces not solids. I have tried several different files and it does it on all of them. I have made cubes triangle spheres torus and it does it on all of them as long as it's surfaces. It seems to work fine with solids though. Even with surfaces created from solids it does it.

I did tech support and I understand people have issues I use to deal with it day and and day out for almost 5 years. I am just wondering how I can help it from not happening. Thing about troubling shooting a problem is figuring out what is different on someone else's computer. What setting or what parameter is different that will help someone figure out what the issue is. You see it and a few other people see it so it is a real problem. Then others do not see it and to them it is not a problem. Going down the list of possible things that could be creating it is how someone trying to help can see what is going on.

See one person sees it with Parasolids and the other person sees it with surfaces. Hum that creates an interesting issue.

If it is Windows 7 what are your regional settings in Additional settings set for number of digits past the decimal? What is your measurement system set to? What is your digital grouping set to?

Like John asked what is your Edge Tolerance in setting/configuration/solids Stitching Edge Tolerance. I keep mine at .0001 not the default .005.

I just recreated this

Create a primitve block, I used surfaces and 4" x 4" x 4"

After I did that I went to create stock boundary in the machine group and sure enough, I got stock of 4.0002 x 4.0002 x 4.0002

and same thing with a solid, the solid did NOT exhibit the behavior

I did tech support and I understand people have issues I use to deal with it day and and day out for almost 5 years. I am just wondering how I can help it from not happening. Thing about troubling shooting a problem is figuring out what is different on someone else's computer. What setting or what parameter is different that will help someone figure out what the issue is. You see it and a few other people see it so it is a real problem. Then others do not see it and to them it is not a problem. Going down the list of possible things that could be creating it is how someone trying to help can see what is going on.

See one person sees it with Parasolids and the other person sees it with surfaces. Hum that creates an interesting issue.

If it is Windows 7 what are your regional settings in Additional settings set for number of digits past the decimal? What is your measurement system set to? What is your digital grouping set to?

Like John asked what is your Edge Tolerance in setting/configuration/solids Stitching Edge Tolerance. I keep mine at .0001 not the default .005.

I changed my stitching tolerance to 0.001 and there was no change.

# of digits behind decimal is 4, measurement system is US, digital grouping is 123,456,789

I just recreated this

Create a primitve block, I used surfaces and 4" x 4" x 4"

After I did that I went to create stock boundary in the machine group and sure enough, I got stock of 4.0002 x 4.0002 x 4.0002

and same thing with a solid, the solid did NOT exhibit the behavior

I had the same results when i made a 4" x 4" x 4" block using surfaces.

When I import models from other sources, everything is fine. Its when I draw the surfaces myself that I get the extra .0002. Doesn't do it with "all entities" only when I select "all surfaces". More of an annoyance for me over anything else. When that number is there, my linking parameters are affected by it as well.

I brought your model in Crazy. I selected my machine for parameters, then in stock settings selected "all surfaces". I got this. See pic. So maybe it does still do it on specific models. Maybe depending where it is drawn.

Also if you select rectangle in your parameters, then hit "all surfaces", it still gives the extra material, even on your parameters.

post-49390-0-84662800-1382525311_thumb.jpg

post-49390-0-81000000-1382525564_thumb.jpg