Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

feed screw and flowline

Bass Hunter

Hello

I am X7 user and i was trying to use the muilt-axis flow line tool-path to build this part.This is new to me having made the jump from X2 to X7. I did program the part using the 4th axis Rotary tool-path and the Axial tool-path but i thought it would be cool to use the flow line tool-path. I have a HAAS VF-4 with a HAAS 4th axis HR7310.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-16769-0-35097000-1390420572_thumb.jpg

Sorry I have gone past my allowable limits for files so cannot put it up, but trick is get the flow parameters correct and use tool axis control point and pick origin. Then use output format 4 axis and X as your rotary axis.

Nice part mind if I use it to make some training Material from? Once I have it developed I will be glad to send you a copy just shoot me an email.

Hi - i was hoping someone could a possible solution? I'm curious to see the settings for using this tool path. I tried a few times and had differing results. Worked fine with the pattern set on zig-zag, but once I set it for one direction, I couldn't keep it from diving under the part on the retract.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi again -

Here is an image of what is happening when I use the flow line path with 'single direction'. Flow line acts the way I would want it to - but as you can see the retract move travels through the part as it returns to the next flowline.

I've never programmed anything on a rotary axis and I was trying this to see how it is done. I can't find anything in the linking parameters to control this motion. Is this motion defined in the control parameters or in how the movements are posted. The only other thing I can think of trying is limiting an axis?

Dan

I would look at the posted code and see how it moves between passes.

I do 4th axis work on live tool lathes all the time and this is how my toolpaths look in mastercam. It doesn't consider the kinematics of the machine.

Just make sure the code looks good and doesn't run through the part and you should be good....me thinks!

• 3 years later...