Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Extra feed and jog moves....

Brent Wilkerson

I got a easy question, I assume it's a setting of some sort.

The operators dislike the extra movements lines mainly generated by lead in and lead outs in posted programs. Where it may feed 0.25" lead-in the beginning of the geometry, move then the length of the selected geometry and then another 0.25" for lead-out. But it would be 3 G1 moves.

They want it to be one move from the beginning of the lead-in to the end of the lead-out. Basically combining like moves, if that makes sense.

It's not a big deal just one running in single block they have extra moves, more of an annoyance then a problem.

Brent,

This was brought up a while back and the conclusion was that you can't make it output only one line of code. I would like to see only one line also. Gibbs outputs it as one move, but there are many, many other things that MC does that Gibbs doesn't. biggrin.gif

Thad

[ 10-07-2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

I had issues with this when we first started with Mastercam but a part that would take 2 hours to program and give you 'funky' moves would take me 6 hours to program if I didn't want those moves. I came to the conclusion that I didn't care if the operators liked it or not, the machine is gonna make .0004 X moves and stop at Z.1053 instead of Z.105.

If the toolpath is safe and makes the part why worry about "extra" moves?

C

Chris teh just push the f-ing button

No I just take the keys for editing out of the machine and say grow some balls if it crashes you will be the first to know.(not that I in any way want a machine t ocrash far from it) I can understand if it some 22 axis part with 8 dimensional planes using tools that are about 120" long. They dont like ohhhhhhh whaaaaaaaa and here is some klinex to dry your tears is what I would tell them.

Crazy Millman

[ 10-08-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]