Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Same tool 3 different feeds and speeds

JimRaffy

I have 3 processes using the same tool. I need different feeds and speeds for each process. How can I save the program with these feeds and speeds without having someone click on the tool for the process and wipe them to the default. I need to still have the tool number and offset the same. I want to save the program and bring it up a year from now and check tools and processes and post it out again with last run feeds and speeds without having to override it every time I open it up again. We never seem to get this right. Is there a setting or something that I need to change?

Thanks,

Jim

Setting >> Configuration >> Toolpaths

Look for the "Lock Feedrates" and make sure it is checked

Then if someone reslects the tool the speeds & feeds will remain and if you need to change them, right click on the tool and click reinitialize speeds and feeds to free them

• 2 weeks later...

I have locked the toolpath. Not sure if this is good or bad?????

It's good and bad. The place where you will see this as bad is when copying a drill op and pasting it to a tap op. It w ill not pick up the taps preset F+S unless you manually do it. Tapping should be made exempt from this locking option. Speaking of Copy/pastes. What happened to the geometry pasting options? Now you are forced add to existing geometry instead of being able to overwrite or replace. I don't like this at all.

It's good and bad. The place where you will see this as bad is when copying a drill op and pasting it to a tap op. It w ill not pick up the taps preset F+S unless you manually do it. Tapping should be made exempt from this locking option. Speaking of Copy/pastes. What happened to the geometry pasting options? Now you are forced add to existing geometry instead of being able to overwrite or replace. I don't like this at all.

Try right-clicking, drag the geometry, then let go. You'll get a pop-up menu asking if you want to add, or replace the geometry.

Right, it can be a mine field if you aren't paying close attention. I have become very familiar with right click and 're-initialize speeds and feeds' which recalculates all speeds and feeds to the current tool's defaults.

I just created two drill ops, each using the same 4 drill points. One is a Spot Dril, the other a Peck Drill.

I then went in and selected 3 new drill points for the first operation. After regenerating, I right-clicked on the Geometry icon for Op4, and held-down the right-mouse button, while dragging the geometry to the Geometry icon for Op5. Here is the menu that pops up when I let go:

post-14313-0-13084300-1398450454_thumb.png

Setting >> Configuration >> Toolpaths

Look for the "Lock Feedrates" and make sure it is checked

Then if someone reslects the tool the speeds & feeds will remain and if you need to change them, right click on the tool and click reinitialize speeds and feeds to free them

+1

I'm seeing random speeds and feeds show up on different tools... S+F from tool 1 will show up for tool 3. Endmill S+F applied to taps, etc. By default "lock feedrates" is checked in the config. The S+F I assign to the tools are not locking, or rather they are locking on one tool for all the tools... I'm having to right click on each operation for "re-initialize s+f" . I have unchecked "lock feedrates" and it seems to help on this one file. Anyone seeing this ?