Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Poor surface Finish

KMartin

Hi Everyone - Can I please get some help with this tool path . I'am getting a poor surface

finish using this type of tool path . The Machine I'm using is a Hass VF1 . There is no problem with

the tool .... checked the run out . I'm limited to a 1 meg program because of floppy .( converting to DNC soon )

I would like to us Raster but programs to large . I just don't no if it's my settings in Mastercam or

setting in machine .I'm getting a very choppy finish . Thanks for any help .

The file is ... ftp://ftp.mastercam-cadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/X6_FIles/test1

MCX6 MU3

I took a look at your toolpath there. Looks like you have it going across the surface.

I would turn the machine angle 90 degrees in either direction if your conditions allow.

This will generate less code for you and let the tool do a better job on your finish.

I noticed that you are not using the arc filter, I've uploaded the file with the arc filter turned on test1_ab.mcx-6

Their have been issues with the arc filtering on Haas machines but since this is just a half round circular channel I would think you should get decent results.

Allan

The HAAS will struggle to keep up with that feed rate even with Highspeed machining turned on. I wouldn't feed at more than about 120 inch/min if you want to achieve an accurate part.

hmmmm, My hass high speed mills run at 200plus all day everyday with great accuracy.

my older vf6, bare bones only runs a max 120ipm because of the corner rounding issue.

hmmmm, My hass high speed mills run at 200plus all day everyday with great accuracy.

my older vf6, bare bones only runs a max 120ipm because of the corner rounding issue.

the has ss uses a 12 mm pitch ball screw, the vf a 8mm and the vm a 6mm, we traded in our ss for a vm because it would not follow our mold surfaces