Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 IS SLOW

yamablingin

I started using X7 when it 1st came out and after a couple weeks went back to X6. The reasons are the new simulator and how slow it takes to open up and get ready to simulate and how slow it takes my operations to regen like 4 to 10 seconds. I cant stand watching the screen waiting for mastercam to do anything. So I went back to X6 because its super fast. I did call the guys up to see if they had any salutions to speeding things up and we tried a couple things but none helped. My computer is not slow either! I installed X7 mu2 yesterday to see if it was quicker and its the same slow

I sometimes wait 30 minutes or more for a re-gen on a high speed toolpath with X7 MU2, but it is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than X6 was.

I also find that my X7 is faster at regens than X6 was. I do agree the X6 verify was a great product however the X7 verify is also pretty sweet once you get used to it and figure out how to use some of the new functionality. At this point, in my opinion at least, X7 blows X6 away other than stock compare. The X6 stock compare was the only thing I miss.

Yamablingin, 4-10 seconds for a re-gen... yea that sounds like a rough day. I cant imagine all the extra stuff you could get done in that extra 3 seconds you save.

I use the same mastercam file for a part family which means I don't have to program every part from scratch so that means there is regenerations of operations!!!

You should try doing the speed test and post your results. I can't remember where the thread is but you can search for it, and see what others have posted with their results. That way you can get a better handle on how X7 MU2 is performing for others versus for you. I for one have not noticed a significant difference between X6 and X7, neither for better or worse.

OK

I dloaded your file and turned on all your layers.

moved all your geometry .25"

got out my stop watch, timed to regen all 126 of your ops took 22 seconds

So one path would be less then 1 second.

When I move the geometry and try just one path, a contour, pocket or flowline

either one regens in a blink of an eye

I am not sure what could be wrong on your end.

I hope you figure it out.