Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Brown truck delivered some goodies today!

The vise is exceptionally smooth, yes moves by your finger tips. We have not got the press yet, we work mainly with Alum. here, so time will tell. Those guys are extremely good to work with, they sent these out with a 2 week trial period. The platters are around 1k and the vises 1500, but this is the largest vise they make. The quality seems very good, 2 turns locks/unlock parts/vises etc. so this should speed up production dramatically. Only time will tell, and we've got thousands of parts to run, so we will see how they hold up.

Just a question for the guys using these, if your running them on your 5ax machines what did you do about lining up the hold down to the T-Slots? 4 of the units will be going on our Haas's and only 2 of the 6 holes line up, for our Doosan's, we have to make an adapter, so no issue there. Did you only use 2 Bolts( that scares me), or did you add holes in the Lang unit that align with the T-slots? The only thing that stinks is you can't get equal spacing on the holes, and can only add 2 more.

Tozmaster they look to be an exact copy of the lang, whomever had it first. We are not so much using the vise but the quick change feature for parts/fixtures to speed up the loading process. I believe Lang and Jergens are the only 2 that make a quick change base like this. I believe you were referring to 5th axis products? They do look nice, but not what we needed. I do really like 1 thing with those, Made in the USA!

Thanks for the Reply Eric, Makes sense now with the quick change feature I wasn't aware of.

The 5 axis Products we have are great and work very well for us, but then a 10 part run is a high quantity for us.

And :cheers: for Made in The USA another reason I went with the 5 axis products.

By the way they are really good people there as well if you need anything in the Future.

On the nikken there is a precise bore on it.so the base that i made has a boss the size of the nikken bore minus a few tenths

And i have 4 3/8-16 bolts hoding it down to the platter.could'nt go with the quick change cause we're limited on machine z axis travel.

But this set up works out great for us.we're mainly a prototype shop.our quantities are 10 parts the most.the parts that i make on this machine range from 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 to 5.0 x 5.0 x 5.0

Mark - we have 4 of them and no press but only use them for ally.

Never had a prob but have you ever had a part pull out??

Just wondering.

It's 90% aluminium for us as well. We always use press. Our part are fairly big. 6*12*10 or bigger. Never had a part pull out.

Have several dozens of plates and vises setup on our 800mm 5-axis.

I pushed for it a couple of years back and couldn't be hapier with the results.

For my work it's mostly fairly complicated fixturing. Most of those fixtures will locate on quick change lang plates for 4th axis work to finish the part.

Never use soft jaws on those vises because it'll not work for me, but don't see why not for the right application.

BTW, those jaws flip both ways and can accommodate large parts.