Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 not posting tool #'s properly after changing/reodering them

after the 5th time in a week i decide its time to ask.(randomly like most issues)

-Import paths, finish programming mold component

-Decide to delete a couple tools, select all - renumber tools.

-Post code and the last two tools post wrong tool #'s????

Try a 1/2 hour of restarts, reboots, renumber,.... to no avail...the

only solution was to delete the tools and the paths and start them

fresh.

Does anybody know a way to fix this?

98c844c3-e85c-47ae-975c-9a5311735ec5_zps

Thanks for any help in advance

That is a standard practice i do always for all my group/paths and it does not help

or fix the problem

I have tried everything, that I know.

heres what doesnt help

- renaming nci

-restarting MC

-rebooting PC

-clearing temp folder

-reselecting .mmd

-renumbering the tools in question manually each in edit parameters then saving, then renumbering

-3 shots of tequila <---- (but didnt hurt)

-waiting for CNC to release an sp? patch for this and the many other left over issues ;)

Wish I knew a fix. Importing ops, tool paths, and copying and pasting tool paths is always questionable. I still do it anyways, and just plan on possibly spending more time fixing it then starting from scratch :thumbdown:

All I can recommend is giving up on problems early on, calling tech support and having them tell you "that's weird, never seen that before" a few times a week gets old, and expensive :laughing:

Wish I knew a fix. Importing ops, tool paths, and copying and pasting tool paths is always questionable. I still do it anyways, and just plan on possibly spending more time fixing it then starting from scratch :thumbdown:

All I can recommend is giving up on problems early on, calling tech support and having them tell you "that's weird, never seen that before" a few times a week gets old, and expensive :laughing:

I just sent them a (video)worse issue with the WCS planes not updating(hope they respond)

then when you update,/save/close,reopen the planes are back to what you just fixed....

every time you fix them and save, the next time you open a file it is messed up again

and if you forget to check, and post the file, you better hope it errors overtravel

while in the air.

Problem is, we may never see a fix while waiting for them to fix all the bugs in X8 that

isnt even released to the public yet! Wish they would get their priorities straight and not leave

a major release in such turmoil.......

well on vacation tomorrow for a week, maybe they will have a patch ready

for when I get back.

I just sent them a (video)worse issue with the WCS planes not updating(hope they respond)

then when you update,/save/close,reopen the planes are back to what you just fixed....

every time you fix them and save, the next time you open a file it is messed up again

and if you forget to check, and post the file, you better hope it errors overtravel

while in the air.

Problem is, we may never see a fix while waiting for them to fix all the bugs in X8 that

isnt even released to the public yet! Wish they would get their priorities straight and not leave

a major release in such turmoil.......

well on vacation tomorrow for a week, maybe they will have a patch ready

for when I get back.

The whole view manager needs to be done over imo, its very unreliable, and unintuitive. It seems if you use anything other then the top plane these is no telling whats going to work or not work.

As for having a patch ready for when you get back :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I really liked the attempt with the Tequila solution. I would have tried that first, second and third... LOL

Hmm, I recall having this issue, and I recall trying what gcode suggested, and it worked.

Of course, that is a pretty crazy thing you have to do to work around it, but it is what it is. At least they've improved solid modelling in X8! *cough*

• Like 1