Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mill/turn lathe w/Y axis post processor

BenzB

That was always my thought as well. Having been a long time loyal user of Mastercam with a lathe, mill level 3 and multi axis licence, and putting up with the sub standard sub spindle/mill turn operations for so long, I would have thought that would qualify for some kind of upgrade. But no, it was just the sound of a cash register ringing.

It is a pain in the a$$ sometimes, but I wouldn't call it sub standard.

post-52560-0-73822000-1431366022_thumb.jpg

Ron, please read what I actually wrote.

What I said was to to at least take a look at the new Mill/urn app as you get the synchronization you don't get in the regular MC Lathe.

Positioning the secondary spindle for long part support and all transfer ops is much easier in the Mill/Turn app

and you get the benefit of actually seeing it in the simulation.

I'm fully aware of what to consider when synching turrets.

I will try to do a better job next time.

Really guys? He asked a perfectly legitimate question that doesn't pertain to the Reseller whatsoever.

The post you should start with is the "Generic Fanuc 4X MT_Lathe" Post, in the Shared mcamx8\Lathe\Posts folder.

There are many default machine definitions that are "hooked up" to this post by default. I would suggest using the  "LATHE MULTI-AXIS MILL-TURN ADVANCED 2 - 4.LMD-8".

That LMD file has 4 different Axis Combinations. I was going to explain how to delete the extra ones, and reconfigure the LMD, but I just modified it instead, and am attaching it to this post. It was just easier to do it that way than trying to explain it.

attachicon.gifLATHE MULTI AXIS MILL - TURN - DUAL SPINDLE - UPPER TURRET.zip

Thanks for this Colin!

I had gotten busy and didn't check in here again until late yesterday. And thanks for the break down of the Mill/Turn product.

Benz

FWIW, I am not in the habit of asking resellers for anything. Spent the last 12 years using SmartCAM. There were no resellers to ask. Just the users group. Everybody helped each other. Hence I come here first. That's what this community is all about right?

FWIW, I am not in the habit of asking resellers for anything. Spent the last 12 years using SmartCAM. There were no resellers to ask. Just the users group. Everybody helped each other. Hence I come here first. That's what this community is all about right?

It is but there are somethings that only your reseller can help with  ;)

Need to get in that habit as this group of resellers are different and I have worked with a lot them personally and they are a great group National and Internationally.

Need to get in that habit as this group of resellers are different and I have worked with a lot them personally and they are a great group National and Internationally.

They are not all equal. Jus' sayin'. Some of you are blessed with a great resource. Others... not so lucky.

• Like 1

They are not all equal. Jus' sayin'. Some of you are blessed with a great resource. Others... not so lucky.

I hit up the CNC Software forum pretty regular. If you're not happy with your reseller it may be time to go straight to CNC.

I hit up the CNC Software forum pretty regular. If you're not happy with your reseller it may be time to go straight to CNC.

Its fine. I won't discuss it further here. All I will say is that we tried that route, (direct to the mothership) and it didn't work out. We moved on :)

I feel your pain Benz. I just moved to MC, after 10 years with SC & thier great support forum too. I'm getting comfortable with the software, but the post processors are killing me! I must say I've gotten a lot of good info from this forum already though. And using the search function I've found plenty of great answers as well.

Zeke