Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

need help to setup parts on horizontal machine

if I understand you question correctly Yes. I have had good success with this approach in shops that have limited skill resources at the machine.

In my case I programmed every job with G54 (work offset) x centerline of rotation, y top of pallet and z centerline of rotation. setup instructions must specify EXACTLY where the operator mounts fixture. The initial B face must also be inclusive to the program.

hope that helps, it is only one way to approach horizontal work.

I'm not going there. It just turns into an argument... (referring to the other horizontal thread in the main forum) :)

Well if we can learn anything from that thread, it's claim something something is best because that is the way you like to do it (but don't provide any data on why it's actually good), and then just stick your fingers in your ears and accuse people of things you made up in your mind :)

• Like 2

Well if we can learn anything from that thread, it's claim something something is best because that is the way you like to do it (but don't provide any data on why it's actually good), and then just stick your fingers in your ears and accuse people of things you made up in your mind :)

I never said it was the best. I said it was a good way. Just like it is good to get out of bed in the morning to the side of the bed. Best can be determined many ways and you keep taking good and turning it into best. Like in the other thread you use the process to program parts, but then call work offsets. As long as the part comes out right and is within print we can go over a 1000 good ways to make it. The best could be any one of the ways, but at the end of the day as long as the customer is happy and we got the job done that is all that matters.

• Like 1

I use one work coordinate on c/l, multiple work coordinates for each plane at the c/l, and multiple work coordinates based on print tolerance. It depends on what the part is and what machine its going on. We do a ton of tight tolerance weldments and a ton of aerospace chassis. So I have no preference, really dependent on the job. Also, the fact that jobs float between verticals and horizontals so frequently. It adds to the fun

• Like 1

I was referring to Benk ;)

You really need to grow up. Are you really this upset that I'm not willing to go into detail with someone who is going out of there way to be an @ss. You make sure no one talks about a different approach to horizontal programming by attacking people any time it gets brought up. This has been going on for quite some time. You just cant accept the fact that people use other methods than you do. Think my experience is made all you want, the simple fact is I and many other get it to work without all the issues you have. I'm sorry you have a hard time with it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. Let me make myself clear, if you quit acting like a child I will be glad to have this conversation with you. Until than I'm not holding my breath.

You really need to grow up. Are you really this upset that I'm not willing to go into detail with someone who is going out of there way to be an @ss. You make sure no one talks about a different approach to horizontal programming by attacking people any time it gets brought up. This has been going on for quite some time. You just cant accept the fact that people use other methods than you do. Think my experience is made all you want, the simple fact is I and many other get it to work without all the issues you have. I'm sorry you have a hard time with it, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. Let me make myself clear, if you quit acting like a child I will be glad to have this conversation with you. Until than I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not upset about anything. I'm actually getting a kick out of all the bullsh1t you keep making up. Every single statement you made in your above post is completely false, and it's making for quite the show!