Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dual Monitors

JTRCNC

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering about running dual monitors. I am running X8 along with Solidworks 2014 on a Dell Precision T3500 with a Nvidia Quadro 600.

Looking for more real estate to work with. It would be 2 22" monitors.  Any thoughts, comments welcome. Thanks

Specifically, is anyone running this graphics card with multiple monitors? Thanks again.

Would never even think about going back to a single monitor. I have been wanting to step up to 3, but using the Laptop screen as the 3rd is not what I want to do for onsite work. When working from the home office I have 2 27" monitors and I am really considering jumping to 3. Onsite at customers I run 2 22" Dell screen from my Laptop. You will wonder how you every got by with just one.

• Like 2

Look at my profile picture. 

I have 5 monitors at home but really only use 3 or 4. I really been thinking jumping to curved 4k monitor such as this one

What I have found 

23 inch 1080p IPS

27 inch 1440p IPS

30 inch+  4k (3440 x 1440 Pixels)

I might wait on 4k. The tech is not fully developed, and 5k are already out from HP.

I've got three, laptop is in the middle with another on either side.

Back to your question, I'm not sure about the video card supporting multiple monitors, but if it's a relatively new computer it should be able to.

That card is limited to dual monitors unless he daisy chains but I'm not sure if quardo support that.  

I run 2 LG 34UC97 monitors at home. I love them. I also use screen splitting software to make better use of the space. For onsite work I'm putting together a case so I can carry two 22" monitors with me. I hate working off just one, it kills your productivity. The K600 should handle a set of 22" monitors no problem as long as your not having problems when using just one.

post-20840-0-38754900-1438633950_thumb.jpg

I run 2 LG 34UC97 monitors at home. I love them. I also use screen splitting software to make better use of the space. For onsite work I'm putting together a case so I can carry two 22" monitors with me. I hate working off just one, it kills your productivity. The K600 should handle a set of 22" monitors no problem as long as your not having problems when using just one.

Ok. Now I'm jelly! 

Explain your workflow? Do you split the screens and use them like four monitors?

Ok. Now I'm jelly! 

Explain your workflow? Do you split the screens and use them like four monitors?

I have Mastercam on the left using the full monitor with the operations manager docked in the standard location. My left monitor is also split in half where I can drag a program to the center divider to snap it to one side or the other. The right one is divided into three, and acts like independent monitors. Drag a program into the space and it maximizes into the 1/3 section, but if you double click the top bar the program maximizes to the full screen. It really is a great setup.

What screen split software? I would love that on my 55"

Would never even think about going back to a single monitor. I have been wanting to step up to 3, but using the Laptop screen as the 3rd is not what I want to do for onsite work. When working from the home office I have 2 27" monitors and I am really considering jumping to 3. Onsite at customers I run 2 22" Dell screen from my Laptop. You will wonder how you every got by with just one.

10/10 Can confirm. This guy brings a small office to onsite jobs. 

• Like 1

To answer the orginal poster's question

A Quadro K600 will run 2 monitors but I don't think the performance will be all that great

At work I'm running 3 Dell24" UltraSharps on a Quadro K4200

I use Nvidia Desktop Manager and have some hot kets set up to control window placement on the screens.

I can't even imagine working with one monitor anymore.

In fact, my 2 monitor setup at home is stating to feel pretty lame, but I don't have enough deskspace.. or video card to support a

third monitor at home.