Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Old versions of MC..

Rekd™

In what version did Mastercam introduce lead-in/lead-out arcs?? How about the ability to tell if a tool doing a contour would or would not fit into an area?

I've been given this program, done in V8, with an updated V5.5 post. Aside from the 1-1/2 days I've spent trying to get it into production, I notice that there is geometry drawn for literally EVERY tool. We're talking corners with fillets chained for each tool size, folks. Also, interpolated holes with the entry/exit arcs drawn into the part and used for the toolpath.

You can't imagine the frustration of me trying to get this thing ready for the shop to run this weekend while I'm at the desert. rolleyes.gif

I think knowing that there was once a time when people had to program like this would make me enjoy the weekend more and not wonder WTF this guy was thinking. 3000 rpm 30 ipm almost across the board! 150+ operations, and the few that had comments, including tool comments, were almost useless. (Total of about 9 commented operations, but mostly comments like: S2000, or Insert M00 Here)

'Rekd

I bet this guy worked alone and not knew a lot of things also .

I bet his programs were one time only programs .

I am sure that in ver 5.5 lead-in lead-out arcs existed like many other things 2 .

Mostly I am working prolly different even in haste

I am too Lazy 2 try to remember afterwards what have I done .

I dislike to use other man programs , I prefer to do my own even if rhe program exists.

I trust myself more then others.

I understand you ,Rekd !

It is a pain in the @@@.

PS . I saw a picture .

Reminds me my Auramill days frown.gif

Iskander teh imprudent s.o.b !

Remember, there was no forum back then.

Rekd, Is it possible that your geometry is the result of a reverse posting? You can use the geometry by turning infinite look ahead off, but I see your dilema. Muddle through what you have for hours maybe or start over from ground up.

Do you have the nci also from this part?

Jimmy

quote:

I think I need a 286 pc to make it work 1 meg of ram should do

You can use my cell fone or ipac biggrin.gif

Iskandar, no. This guy works for a big company, lots of programmers there. It's a production job. They're running them at the same time we are.

'Rekd teh only 25 more ops to go! (read fix)

Jimmy, this is a new part. It was just programmed. Not from reverse post. This is just they way he does it. I also see many many places where he's got between 3 and 7 operations to achieve what could be done with 1 using multi passes and depth cuts.

It's scary to think this guy is prolly making serious bank for this kind of work.

It's not even done that way out of haste, because it takes much longer to do all these things I've mentioned.

Rekd,

V5.5 had a form of Lead in/out. I agree the pic looks like the backplot. I was using V5.5 up until just a few months ago. I find myself doing things the v5 way instead of letting v9 do it for me. I'm finding new tricks everyday.

Someone's signature says "I looked at my own program and thought, what was this guy thinking." I find that very true with programs that I wrote a year ago.

I don't even bother trying to figure out my old macros anymore, I just start over.

Good luck.

ScottyB a student of this forum.

quote:

But there were other problems , and I think your looking at the guys [for sure] work arounds.

No No No. He programmed it in version 8. (the post was an updated version 5.5 post.)

I think he's been programming for like 3 or 4 years now. (My programs didn't look that bad when I was programming for only 3 or 4 weeks!!!) eek.gif

'Rekd teh needs to re-negotiate his contract wink.gif

quote:

Jimmy, this is a new part. It was just programmed.

Rekd' I missed this little piece of cheese in your earlier post. This looks like **** because the programmer didn't know because he didn't want to know, and has little to do with what Version.

This (lame xxxx approach) is Very similar to a guy useing V.8 like a V.3 be cause it's easier than learning.

Scott teh'Email me if you need some group therapy over this

quote:

He may just not know how to use it Rekd.

After programming for close to 15 yrs, I still frequently use this persons methods, even using 9.1. I run MC Toolpaths, save geometry under seperate layer and clean it up a bit and rerun using 3-d contour.

I agree that this does not leave me with a clean MC file, and "I pity the fool", that needs to work on some of my files. But it does get me clean efficient programs.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I think he's been programming ...

If that's what you want to call that. I remember the days when that was necessary but sheesh, that's OBSCENE!

I don't model much toolpath these days, only on things I want to cut a very specific way when there is NO other way.

To be fair to the guy, as late as V7 I was modeling High Speed Machining toolpaths because they were not around. Helixes on the transitions, etc... Since V8, there's been enough to get me though what I do.

JM2C