Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Job opening in Chicago area

RAM1

We have an opening for a CNC mill operator with some programming experience in Mastercam .

Should have minimum of 3 years experience in setting up machines and have some knowledge of 3D programming . 90% of are work is custom electrodes and hard milling for the plastic injection molding field , so a mold shop background is a plus but not necessary.

Intrested applicants should send resume to [email protected] or fax to 630-543-0749

Modern Sales

421 S Irmen dr

Addison , Il 60101

quote:

Well sorry but think you came to the wrong place for that.

There is nothing wrong with looking for porgammer mold maker here.

Thank you RAM1 for sharing and offering someone a job.

quote:

Crazy Millman then take a 14 year step back yeah sure thing.

Then I suggest you dont take the job then,this was a uncalled for statment and post .

Guess I am just come across like a mean person just think looking for a local guy that you could train and that could be the righ fit verse someone that you have to relocate is my point for a position of this nature. But it did get more than no postings so atleast my attempt at that worked I guess in my mis guided un called for way. But if I was wrong not like I will ever have a chance to correct it change what I said since it will permentaly be quoted on.

So is making a quote on a uncalled for remark called for Jay? Ever think maybe I am a little on edge with work 122 hours in 9 days a wife who has contractions for 4 days now and I take off one day of work and place goes to complete hell and have to wodner what it will be like when I get back after one week. I am lucky I got a great guy there just hope he will be left alone to do his job. But oh well it is forever etched in history for all to see.

Crazy Millman

[ 11-27-2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Don't worry Millman. I'd already discounted it as stress taking it's toll on you. You're allowed to get 'crazy' on us now and then. After all, you ARE the Crazy Millman! biggrin.gif

Perhaps he'll find someone local right here at the board.

It's Thanksgiving...now go enjoy yourself! cheers.gif

Thad

[ 11-27-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Just FYI , I have received some resumes from guys in the Chicago area. There are a lot of people that use Mastercam in this area as well. I do understand that most people here have more experience then what we are looking for , however there are a selected few who do not. In todays job market , we are offering a job that may not be top pay , but by no means is it a bad paying job. Just trying to help other MC users out. Even if there is just one person that may work out , thats better then not trying at all. Hopefully we can employ someone who is out of work and could really use a job before Christmas.

quote:

however there are a selected few who do not. In todays job market , we are offering a job that may not be top pay , but by no means is it a bad paying job.

There's no such thing as a 'bad' job. Especially if you're not working. Of course, there's always a 'better' job out there somewhere. Good luck in your search, I hope you find someone that works out for you.

I know from years of experience in hiring/interviewing that it can sometimes be hard to find the 'right' person or even an 'acceptable' person to fill the position.

The company I work for is a year old now. We've got a stack of resumes 3 inches thick and I'm here to tell you that about 2 to 5% of them are hireable individuals.

I've been very lucky this last few months. I found 2 emlpoyees that absolutely shine, and make my life/job much easier. The last full-time guy we hired is a member of this board, but I don't think he's posted yet, though.. (hint hint). He came to us "looking for a challenge".

He's got one! wink.gif

I'm not going to make any excuses for Millman, but I will say this; he's under a huge amount of stress right now because of work and family matters. He's helped out sooo many members here, including myself. I have utmost respect for him personally and professionally. He's a top knotch guy and extremely strong willed, and while I was slightly taken aback by his reply, I totally understand the preasure he's under.

'Rekd

Hi All

Happy Tukey day. I posted this 2 weeks ago, this job is still available.

quote:

I know of a planner /programmer position in Chatsworth Cal.

It's 40Hour ,low twenties per hour,I know most board members need more than that but the stuff is easy,,it might be good a start for someone.

To Millman---I'm thinking that without your post stirring up the pot, nobody would have ever heard of this thread. "So it 's all good"

Do I think making a remark on an uncalled for remark is necessary? Yes, when I feel that someone is making a post that could be potentially extremly helpful to others and that poster basically gets slapped for it. There are people from all over the country on this board and maybe there is someone out there from the Chicago area in need of a job who reads this board and would benefit from this post. Beleive me when I say I completely understand the stress of working unbelievably long hours day after day and week after week while there are huge problems and stresses at home that need taking care of as well. I am also someone that has been in need of a job more times than I care to admit and I would personaly be thankful if someone posted a job listing in my area when I needed it. I feel like I am being made out to be that bad guy here when all I did was point out that the attitude was uncalled for. Yes we have all, including me, posted things we later wish we could take back. Millman, I like you and I think you are very helpful and a great memeber of this board and I truly understand and sympathize with your feeling extremely stressed more than you know, however I don't find that an excuse to be rude to others here and I will speak up when I see that happening.

[ 11-27-2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

I can honestly say that I know nothing about mold work,and have never done any 3D programming,but I do 95% of the mill/lathe programming at my company.

Would I like to learn? Absolutely

I have been in this trade since 1984.

I know the product that my company makes.

Yes this makes me limited,but I make very good $$ and no-one ever asks me "What are you doing"

I think you will have no problem finding someone.

And I myself encourage companys to come to this board to find canidates in such a sucky economy.

[ 11-27-2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: BUCKET HEAD ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Most of the seniors here have made posts they wish they hadn't...

Count me in. For some strange reason, even though I know that discretion is the better part of valor, I can't seem to refrain from spewing forth stupidity from my keyboard and on even more occasions from my mouth. Some day I will grow up hopefully.

Buckethead, thanks for making me feel better about what I do. I too have no 3d programming experience, and program all of our lathes and mills.

I would dearly like to learn 3d, but I doubt if it is going to ever happen. There just ain't any time, since there are just two of us here programming, and we are running 24/7 most of the time. Not to mention the fact that I am on the fast downhill slope to retirement, having been doing this since 1970.

[ 11-27-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: jenks ]

Thanks to you as well Jenks. I started learning programming in 1979. If you have been doing this since 1970 you are close to a well deserved retirement. I still am in awe of the early programmers who would just hold the tape up to the light and be able to find problems in the g code by reading the ASCI or EIA right off the tape. I'm still in the learning curve in MC but hungry to learn as much as I can.

A good weekend to all.

cheers.gif

[ 11-28-2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: chopsley ]

Well guys it did come across wrong and what I said did sound like complete an utter crap which is what I am not about. Yeah stress and uncertainty about things and guess that was my stupid mistake for the month. Ram1 gald you got some applicants and yes I too could learn soemthing for I know not everything and learn soemthing everyday which is what make this place the great place it is. I too am hiring people at this very moment and fully understand the pain we go through gettign qualified people with drive and good work ethic. We or me I guess get so much going on and since most of the time with the lack of apperication that we all know goes with the job does take its toll. My daughter is getting old enough now to cry when I have to go back at night or on the weekends which are her days and she has been really getting to me crying and wanting to come to work with me yelling papa' via ca (in here way of saying go to work with her dad) which she says in portugese.

I apoligze Jay as for we all know what you do here and I greatly appericate all you do and all the help you give. I have alot going on but have taking these four days off. I think my co-woker did go in who has been working just as hard if not harder than me and really wanted him to have this time off. I am glad you guys understand and know we all do the old stick the foot in the mouth. Hey if we were perfect then what fun would that be. smile.gifsmile.gif

Crazy Millman teh stress level dropping still no kid still maybe a little stress there but the good proud dad kind. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[ 11-29-2003, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

The benefit of posting a job here is that you are offering the job to fellow MC users. The downside is that employers may think that the forum is going to lead to them loosing their programmer to a better paying job.

Have you been to MC's home page and posted the job there under the joblisting?

Also it might be worth your while to call shopware and let them know. We get programmers that call us when their company "downsizes"

Jimmy