Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

what's wrong with my computer?

stephanezx

I have a new computer but I'm not satisfied. What is wrong or what is it I must change to have a better performance?

Xeon E5-2630 2.4GHz v3
32 g ram
kingston ssd 240
nvidia k2200 4g ram

What issues are you having? How big are your files? Lots of surfaces?

The SSD is fine, your ram is fine.

If it were me, I would do what Gcode suggested... get a faster cpu and more powerful gpu.  Check the capability of a new cpu (socket style) with your current motherboard or else you will end up wasting money or buying a new motherboard.

I have the i7 6700 and the GTX980 

the guy Support solution in-house told me that it'd be a good machine. our computer supplier had 2 computer up like that. he gave us a really cheap .But it is always speakable if I need to change the processor for faster it will. my post may look bizzard but I do not speak English I use google translation.

thank you for advice

the guy Support solution in-house told me that it'd be a good machine. our computer supplier had 2 computer up like that. he gave us a really cheap .

Well there's yer problem.  Computer suppliers will sell you what they want to sell you unless you demand something specific; they're just like car salesmen.

before purchase I ask my support mastercam. and this is still very unclear. the latest computers that we buy it 6 years ago. I go at our provider and I made test with him trying on more and bigger until cpu performance be okay for the price. when I 'm bought a car I sat in it I'll take a walk and I know right away that it was in the belly but a lot harder to evaluate computer.

before purchase I ask my support mastercam. and this is still very unclear. the latest computers that we buy it 6 years ago. I go at our provider and I made test with him trying on more and bigger until cpu performance be okay for the price. when I 'm bought a car I sat in it I'll take a walk and I know right away that it was in the belly but a lot harder to evaluate computer.

You never said what problem you're having. Tell us so we can help you.

My biggest problem is when I simulate with stock in mastercam simulator. I put a link that goes to my facebook page if you want to have an idea there is a video when it finishes simulate ca takes almost 30 seconds before you can move the pieces and achieve enchancing model 100/100

• 3 weeks later...