Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SOLID HELP

mirek1017

something like that

No let me show you.

Give me a few min...

Ok we have to make more corrections.  The way you tell if they are all connected is to set chain toggle and see if you chain goes to the end... 

You will have to also redo the solid sweep so it goes all the way to the new endpoint on the outer helix.

post-5941-0-27626100-1456337307_thumb.jpg

post-5941-0-75501600-1456337320_thumb.jpg

I also dont think you used my lines I trimmed to the center cylinder tangent to the radius to get the 2 center helix points.

Its ok we learn from our mistakes carry on and get all the changes made.

exactly,that's why when I analyze  the chine are not tangent

can I translate all helix 10 inch and cut to top plane ???

exactly,that's why when I analyze  the chine are not tangent

The 2-d geometry is not exactly correct.  You said you had wide open tolerances so pretty close ought to be close enough.

You are correct the chains are not tangent to everything like they should be.....because the 2-d geometry I used to build from was not tangent...

But it will work if you do as I instruct...

One thing that is important...all the segments of the center helix's must have a 4" radius and share the same Axis.....just the height is different.... and they should all have a common point with the segment above and below it.

Sorry guys that is all I have time for today.

I will go ahead and rework his file and make the solid to show example pics from.

I am not the best teacher and I cannot seem to get through sometimes.

I will post up some pics of the solid later on this evening to show how it should look if I have a chance to get it finished.

Sorry guys that is all I have time for today.

I will go ahead and rework his file and make the solid to show example pics from.

I am not the best teacher and I cannot seem to get through sometimes.

I will post up some pics of the solid later on this evening to show how it should look if I have a chance to get it finished.

I think the other way,I have to start base of surface operations on mastercan .I  start do everything from the beginning as you told me to.I make helix and connect  them together again

I think the other way,I have to start base of surface operations on mastercan .I  start do everything from the beginning as you told me to.I make helix and connect  them together again

Ok then post up what you have and I will take a look see later on this evening when I got the time...had to finish up wome work.

OK , I fixed  helix

You should have fixed your file....I looked at it and it looks good, merge those into your file...I am out of time for this class today.

get as far as you can on your good file tomorrow I will look again.

Here is what the solid is going to look like when you are done.

Ok everyone......this solid is not at all like the print and it follows closely to the 2-D geometry that was supplied but looking it over there are numerous mistakes on the 2-D geometry.

Engineering leeway should have taken place and the fillet that is tangent to the center cylinder should have all been made the same to make geometry creation easier...the way it is now one must 

really fudge a net surface into the surface model and solidify it as I doubt I could get a variable solid to work here.

So as a disclaimer I will not take any responsibility for this model, or anything else in this thread as fact, fiction or whatever....all information I have provided is for educational purposes only and make

no claims to the authenticity of anything I have said or illustrated ....

post-5941-0-43075000-1456368158_thumb.jpg

here is just a plain face to face solid fillet...it probably doesn't have a 8" dia in the valley but it is what it is.

post-5941-0-10144800-1456369095_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

you should have fixed your file....I looked at it and it looks good, merge those into your file...I am out of time for this class today.

get as far as you can on your good file tomorrow I will look again.

Here is what the solid is going to look like when you are done.

Ok everyone......this solid is not at all like the print and it follows closely to the 2-D geometry that was supplied but looking it over there are numerous mistakes on the 2-D geometry.

Engineering leeway should have taken place and the fillet that is tangent to the center cylinder should have all been made the same to make geometry creation easier...the way it is now one must 

really fudge a net surface into the surface model and solidify it as I doubt I could get a variable solid to work here.

So as a disclaimer I will not take any responsibility for this model, or anything else in this thread as fact, fiction or whatever....all information I have provided is for educational purposes only and make

no claims to the authenticity of anything I have said or illustrated ....

attachicon.gifAUGAR_SOLID.jpg

here is just a plain face to face solid fillet...it probably doesn't have a 8" dia in the valley but it is what it is.

attachicon.giffillet.jpg

Looks kind of screwy....ROUR!!! :unworthy: :unworthy: :unworthy:

Awesome job Murlin, you spent a lot of time helping this guy...kudos!!

• Like 1

Yes you are getting a handle of where we are going but in order to be able to create all the surfaces needed the helix's must extend a full helix above and below the top and bottom dimensions of the print.

So use the top and bottom inner and outer segments and translate/copy them.

Then re do your sweep.

You are pretty close to where you need to be.