Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3DConnexion drivers

gcode

• 3 months later...

no.. our new boss won't even allow it to be installed

no idea why

Wise man. Wait for 8.0.2 or higher.

It's not awful but not as stable as 7.4.2

Lots of crashes and performance issues for us.

In one case the reset time with our 3 WFL VMCs went from 5 seconds to 4 minutes. They fixed it and sent us a patch though.

I was going say I am running 10.4.6 and work well. just updated to them when I was at IMTS. Cannot wait till they get them working in the backplot of our editor.

I've been asking for this low hanging fruit to be implemented in CIMCO Edit for 5 years... There's a ticket I opened in Phabricator to get it implemented... I hope they hear you...

Wise man. Wait for 8.0.2 or higher.

It's not awful but not as stable as 7.4.2

Lots of crashes and performance issues for us.

In one case the reset time with our 3 WFL VMCs went from 5 seconds to 4 minutes. They fixed it and sent us a patch though.

well, I can honestly say that in using it every day, I've found it as stable as 7.4.2. I've absolutely no problem with it at all.

well, I can honestly say that in using it every day, I've found it as stable as 7.4.2. I've absolutely no problem with it at all.

The new engine to handle variables is the culprit behind our problems. Our WFL VMCs have THOUSANDs of variables, I think at least 5000... And this brought some issues to the surface...

For simples machines or even complex controls with lean variable sets, it´s not a big deal...

We´re seeing crashes as well while moving sectioned models, and zooming into them...

Got a new patch today... keeping an eye on it...

The new engine to handle variables is the culprit behind our problems. Our WFL VMCs have THOUSANDs of variables, I think at least 5000... And this brought some issues to the surface...

For simples machines or even complex controls with lean variable sets, it´s not a big deal...

We´re seeing crashes as well while moving sectioned models, and zooming into them...

Got a new patch today... keeping an eye on it...

Ah, well while I use a bunch of variables, it won't be to the level you do :)

I've done a bunch of model sectioning, and zooming in and out, but I guess I've been lucky. Hopefully the new patch works out for you :)

Ah, well while I use a bunch of variables, it won't be to the level you do :)

I've done a bunch of model sectioning, and zooming in and out, but I guess I've been lucky. Hopefully the new patch works out for you :)

Our products and machines are a terrible combination for verification software. They're large, (2500mm long, O.D. 1600mm) with a mix of turning with B axis and a bunch of milling.

This turns into massive memory usage...

Not as bad for other software that does handle them pretty nicely. Still cool to line by line verify your motion and if you want to change something on the fly see it update your verification without having to restart it. Since we are talking about Verification software on the Mastercam forum among good friends. :laughing: :laughing: :geek: :geek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :secret: :secret:

Not as bad for other software that does handle them pretty nicely. Still cool to line by line verify your motion and if you want to change something on the fly see it update your verification without having to restart it. Since we are talking about Verification software on the Mastercam forum among good friends. :laughing: :laughing: :geek: :geek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :secret: :secret:

I'd love to know more about it Ron... Honestly I don't think it is healthy to know only one tool in the box...

There are many rumors and one of them is that the other does not play well in terms of stock accuracy for large parts... But as I said, all rumors... I'd love to have an opportunity to walk the walk...

In my experience with our current software, it's pretty doable but not a breeze to process our complex parts... I'd say it's the same you guys experience with the Mastercam with hundreds of operations and complex models... I'd say it's pretty smooth for 95% of the equipment out there... but the WFLs and our large parts just push it to the limits...

I think a side by side comparison, same dataset with our parts, programs and tool models would be the only way to say what works best for our company...

I think a side by side comparison, same dataset with our parts, programs and tool models would be the only way to say what works best for our company...

Key would be the right driver with both. Not an expert with one and a novice with the other and vice versa. On large models I have not seen that. I know how to crash them all if that counts for anything. :turned: :turned: :turned:

• 1 month later...

Version 10.4.10 is out.

I was having trouble with my Space Pilot Enterprise failing to hook up when I booted my computer.

I'd have to unplug and replug the USB cable to get it working

The What's New for these drivers says there were some stability issue fixes and I'm not longer having this problem.

I've test them with MC2017, MC2018, SolidWorks 2017, Catia V5R25 and hyperMill 2017

No problems to report

So, all of the sudden mine has lost it's dang mind.  All settings are back to default.

I'm like a infant trying to stick a square peg in a round hole.

How do I change the zoom to be up/down?  It's not sticking when I try.  What am I missing?

51 minutes ago, Jay Kramer @ Precision Programming said:

Gcode I talked to them at SW World and also on the phone as they are looking into more connection issues with Mastercam. Hope to see some thing soon.

This wasn't a failure to hook up to Mastercam problem, it just flat wasn't there.

The new drivers seemed to have fixed it though, It's launched properly 3 mornings in a row now.