Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2017 Beta 5

gcode

Did you try it again after being opened the 1st time in 2017? 1st time any big files have to open they take longer, then the 2nd time the Regen files are stored and supposed to make it quicker. Will be a good test to see. Also try the test with no shading and shading to see if there is a difference also.

2017 does not give the multiple session open at the same time. People using multi cores and good systems should really see the difference with more than one session running for stability issues.

Yes I saved the file as a 2017 and opened it up 3 times just to be sure...the second time I mad a couple bad clicks on the screen and after about 10 min I logged off..

Once the file finally opened up it seemed to refresh and rotate/pan better than X9.

2017 is definitely for high end hardware...

My hardware is about 3 or 4 years behind and 2017 is a little sluggish.

I am sure on a $12,000 workstation it is going to be pretty good...

• 2 weeks later...

Any one heard about the Vericut interface for MC 2017 yet?

I asked a couple of weeks ago

They said it would not be made available until the formal public release on MC2017

This is unusual, as they used to give me beta copies during the public beta cycle

Did you try it again after being opened the 1st time in 2017? 1st time any big files have to open they take longer, then the 2nd time the Regen files are stored and supposed to make it quicker. Will be a good test to see. Also try the test with no shading and shading to see if there is a difference also.

2017 does not give the multiple session open at the same time. People using multi cores and good systems should really see the difference with more than one session running for stability issues.

is there any way to default the shading to not be on when opening a file????

I asked a couple of weeks ago

They said it would not be made available until the formal public release on MC2017

This is unusual, as they used to give me beta copies during the public beta cycle

Vericut give you the interface, or do CNC Software give you the interface?

It's Vericut software.

They've given me beta versions in the past, but not this time

Yes, I knew Vericut supplied the relase translator via the software. I was just curious as to who supplied the beta (wether it was CGTech or CNC Software)