Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2017 Beta 5

gcode

For those of you who don't frequent the Mastercam forum, MC2017 beta 5 was released yesterday

Assuming no major problems. this will be the last MC2107 beta.

The next release will be a PC ( Production Candidate)  with an eye towards a late June formal release

to the public

• Like 3

Ha! Yeah, I got mine set. Also got all of my 3 axis posts and lathe posts updated and checked. I was doing all of my 3 axis and lathe in 2017... deleted it all following the directions on the CNC forum. I remembered after the first 3 betas to do it. Now I have to redo it all. I had it the way I liked it too. Took the time to set up my QA bar in beta 4 too. Lost it.

Oh well, I'll remember from now on. 2017 is making me very happy.

For those of you who don't frequent the Mastercam forum, MC2017 beta 5 was released yesterday

Assuming no major problems. this will be the last MC2107 beta.

The next release will be a PC ( Production Candidate)  with an eye towards a late June formal release

to the public

Can you open and work on X6 and X7 files with 2017?

Can you open and work on X6 and X7 files with 2017?

yes.. I've opened files all the way back to V8

MC2017 will not overwrite your original file

When you save, it will create a new file with the .mcam extension

You can't open a ,mcam in older releases, but your original X6 or 7 file will still be there 

I tried the beta quickly at work and to my surprise, the "Not all operations for XXX have been selected for posting" nag is still there. And I couldn't find a tick to disable the message. 99% of the time I post partial. Am I the only one using Mastercam the wrong way? :o

Going to write a longer wish-list later... :)

• Like 1

I tried the beta quickly at work and to my surprise, the "Not all operations for XXX have been selected for posting" nag is still there. And I couldn't find a tick to disable the message. 99% of the time I post partial. Am I the only one using Mastercam the wrong way? :o

A Form Filler (see my sig) is the answer to your prayers.

Going to write a longer wish-list later... :)

Here in lies the problem for those of us who only want it not to do that we hate it. For those that do want that they love it. Never will be everything for everyone.

Trick i to use the Name NC program using Right click. Another trick is use sub groups and let the group name of the operations name your NC Program. Everything made in the operation group will carry that name. Now when you go to post programs you will not get that question anymore. Does require the dreaded word organization by having some method to your madness, but once you get use to this approach for doing the work the way you describe it make the work flow much easier to control. Better yet you don't get the are you stupid for only posting this section of code question. Problem is that question works the other way. Hey stupid you forgot to grab all the operations to post do you want to post them? See all about how you flip the coin. Reason the question is even there is either of these rules apply.

• Like 2
 "Not all operations for XXX have been selected for posting"

the day you forget to post a pocket roughing operation and

a sleepy operator lets the pocket finish operation run anyway, you will realize this nag is your friend.  

installed it....opened up my biggest file....1.2 gig...

2017 took 5.24 min to open...

X9 took 2.81 min to open....

Did you try it again after being opened the 1st time in 2017? 1st time any big files have to open they take longer, then the 2nd time the Regen files are stored and supposed to make it quicker. Will be a good test to see. Also try the test with no shading and shading to see if there is a difference also.

2017 does not give the multiple session open at the same time. People using multi cores and good systems should really see the difference with more than one session running for stability issues.

installed it....opened up my biggest file....1.2 gig...

2017 took 5.24 min to open...

X9 took 2.81 min to open....

also make sure the tolerance settings in system config are the same.. so it's a far contest

I haven't done any speed tests, but have found MC2017 to be the most stable version of MC

to date.