Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Work offsets changing

swanny

I have a few toolpaths with G54 and a few with G55. I have the planes set to a G55. I also go into my operations manager and set them there as well. When I post them together, G54 and G55, all toolpaths post as G54. When posted separately, they post correctly with the designated offset. No idea why. Generic haas 5 axis trunnion post, Mastercam X9.

post-27774-0-75060400-1464965585_thumb.png

post-27774-0-95214400-1464965676_thumb.png

Go into your post and look for this

use_frst_wcs : yes$  #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

You'll want to set that for no

Personally, when I program for 5 axis, I prefer the 1 offset unless for some strange reason I really, really need another but if your setup is good, 1 offset should be fine 

Go into your post and look for this

use_frst_wcs : yes$  #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

You'll want to set that for no

Personally, when I program for 5 axis, I prefer the 1 offset unless for some strange reason I really, really need another but if your setup is good, 1 offset should be fine 

Thanks. I will look for that. If I was running one part like this I wouldn't bother with multiple offsets. But its easier to control during a run of 100 parts or so.

Has anyone tried modifying the post so you could use the actual offset you are looking for. Ie using a Zero or 54 , 1 or 55 , 2 or 56 and so on.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes, I do this for many of my clients. The only issue is if you have a shop with mixed controllers. For example, Okuma and Fanuc, and you want the flexibility to just change posts "on the fly". Okuma uses G15 H1, H2, H3, ect.

It works great on Fanuc based controls, with the the basic and standard extended work offsets G54.1 P1-P48. That way you can still enter "54" for G54, without interference. It gets trickier if you have P1-P100, or P300. For those cases, I usually try and convince people to just stick with the extended work offsets, or get creative.

For example, P1-P300, and enter '954' for G54, '955' for G55, ect. Then just add some logic in the post to subtract '900' from the value, if it is above 900. Otherwise you have to do something like use a Miscellaneous Integer, and it's just one more setting you have to remember.