Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Verify

TERRYH

Not 100% sure on this as we just moved up to X9, but it appears in X9 the verify is almost like a stand alone program, is it possible to run a set of programs in verify, and continue to program? I realize only the selected programs will be ran in verify and that's fine, but it is so slow I hate setting here when I could be doing something else. 

Not 100% sure on this as we just moved up to X9, but it appears in X9 the verify is almost like a stand alone program, is it possible to run a set of programs in verify, and continue to program? I realize only the selected programs will be ran in verify and that's fine, but it is so slow I hate setting here when I could be doing something else. 

Yes, you can open a verify window & go back & program in MC.

I would suggest checking the "Disable Adaptive Quality" box in the options though. If you don't, verify takes forever to work.

Yes, you can open a verify window & go back & program in MC.

I would suggest checking the "Disable Adaptive Quality" box in the options though. If you don't, verify takes forever to work.

Adaptive quality can also tie up resources and crash your computer. Just ask me how I know that. :pc:  :wallbash:

• Like 1

I have another question on X9 but didn't want to create another X9 thread since it is already being replaced and we are just now moving to it. We create or work planes using the dynamic planes function, Like when doing  a simple plate say 110 x 65 x 1.5 size wise with top and bottom work I will make center of plate X0 Y0 and make top of plate Z0 do my programs and flip it top to bottom re select center as my origin and Z0 to top. I have noticed that sometimes when I am doing a program X9 will on it's own keep my WCS to my Top work plane and re select one of the default planes for the Tool Plane and the comp/construction plane. I have caught this every time it has happened I hope anyways when I run verify or just back plot it. Is there any setting I can set to keep it from doing this or is it just another weird glitch in X9. Have been using X6 for years and never had that issue at all, it could be very dangerous if not caught and gets to the machines. I hope I explained/ asks this  properly enough to understand, and not be confusing. 

Well I missed this WCS changing on it's own in one of my programs the operator caught it when he started the program and nothing was hurt other then wasted time trying to figure out why it was doing what it did. I think it is kind of xxxxty on MC part when this is a known issue and not to fix. it. 

With 2 other people replying above saying they have seen the same thing and one who gave his work around to get away from this, leads me to believe it is just not some freak thing in my install or settings, and it is also happening to our other guy who programs. It has not happened every time. I believe it happens when the part is actually created on  a work plane that is the same plane as the default X9 ones, not the same location exactly, just flat to them. And i am not sure how to do a video of it.  

This is getting to be a real pain in the azz, I can't believe they let this go and never fixed it but instead made a totally new format in 2017 pay all this money for a license and it works half azz, not impressed with X9 at this point.