Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NC file path

Müřlıń®

I'm always in the directory creating my programming folders just prior to opening the file. I copy the path from the Explorer window when I'm there,  Then when I open my file, in the ops manager, Machine group properties - Files, then paste the path in the Toolpath directory field. It's not automatic, but it's quick.

Have you tried File/Project Manager

no I will do a search on that...

I am constantly jumping back and forth between files and having to set the path each time is a PITA....so I just move the files..but when you are being interrupted all the time it is easy to forget.

My dir structure is C:/customers/"customer"/file where "file" is my working directory and it will change depending on which sub folder I am in.

Proe was able to save everything to the current folder that was open.  But it was easy because of the way the file system worked...the folder stayed open as long as you had the drawing open.

In Windows you can close Explorer out and kill the link.

EDIT...wow thanks a ton G.....I missed that somewhere down the line that is exactly what I was looking for...set it once and save the file...

does it embed the info in the file or are there project manager files somewhere?

It writes it to the location that I specified in my reply, which is embedded in the MC file.

yes Thad I looked at the control manager after using the project manager and that is indeed what it does.

But using the Project manager to set the path only works on a "per file" situation so every new folder you must set do it again.

I found this YouTube video and it showed a trick I was looking for.

It is the old DOS command ".\"

if you set that one master control def to ".\" in that field you only have to set it once per control def I believe.

In the operations manager under the machine group properties on the files tab for your machine group there is the working NC directory for your Mastercam file. If I have 5 different machines in one file they all point to that directory. Once the file is saved that becomes your working NC directory and done. You can go back and forth between different files and post code with no issue.

• Like 1