Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

stand alone dwg/solid modeling

riverracer

we use a single seat of Mastercam X8 with "Mill Level 3 and Solids" on 1 computer at work.

they pay the yearly maintenance license, and have X9 still in box and awaiting our IT to install 2017.

we only have 1 HAAS mill atm, but plans are afoot for another HAAS early next year.

there are only 2 of us that use Mastercam/HAAS, and it gets crowded sometimes.

the other bloke said that there used to be a standalone dwg/solid modeling package, does everything except tool paths,

his thinking is that someone could be on the other computer, do all the prep, and only use the full version for tool paths.

does this still exist with X8 and above, if so what is it called?

just thought i'd ask here, then i know what i'm talking about when/if our rep ever gets back to me.

thanks

This might be entirely reseller independent, but you can have your hasp setup so the mill/lathe/design are independent. For example, one could have milling and one could have lathe. I would think* you could purchase just a seat of design, not sure if it is cost effective however. 

*Worked two places that had different configs for the hasp key, but that was back a few versions ago.

To work on two separate PCs, you'd need to buy a standalone seat of design, with it's own  USB hasp

You could have one PC for Design and one for the full seat..

or you could put a USB to go box on your network and plug both hasps into it.

That way either computer could use either license