Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

repaired NCI getting worse and worse!

jaydenn

OK.

It's gotten to the point that EVERY single time I open a file, I get 4 to 5 "repaired NCIs".

It's always newly created operations, since the last save and repair cycle. Once I get "repaired NCI" once, I won't get it again on that op.

Once I'm finished programming, and I've done a few Save, open, save, open, save open, cycles, I'll get a clean file.

I just took a look at my logger, and noticed that every one of my operations has this error, every time I create one and save:

OP ID# 10: 10 - Contour (2D) - [WCS: EVO-TOP] - [Tplane: EVO-FCHAM]save_db(): multiple start of section nci moves!

Any insights? I can't help but think this may be contributing.

I know the "repaired NCI" aren't doing any damage, but it's SO MUCH extra effort to constantly be unlocking and renaming my ops. I'm a stickler for organized and clean files!

Jay

OK.

It's gotten to the point that EVERY single time I open a file, I get 4 to 5 "repaired NCIs".

It's always newly created operations, since the last save and repair cycle. Once I get "repaired NCI" once, I won't get it again on that op.

Once I'm finished programming, and I've done a few Save, open, save, open, save open, cycles, I'll get a clean file.

I just took a look at my logger, and noticed that every one of my operations has this error, every time I create one and save:

OP ID# 10: 10 - Contour (2D) - [WCS: EVO-TOP] - [Tplane: EVO-FCHAM]save_db(): multiple start of section nci moves!

Any insights? I can't help but think this may be contributing.

I know the "repaired NCI" aren't doing any damage, but it's SO MUCH extra effort to constantly be unlocking and renaming my ops. I'm a stickler for organized and clean files!

Jay

I have all these same problems. I'm running 2017 update 1

I'm using X9, most current updates.

NO libraries of any sort. I make each tool as I go.

As a matter of fact, my computer is only 3 months old, fresh X9 install, no shared anything, no legacy anything.

The only pre-existing conditions are my machine defs. and posts.

J

Sorry I didn't read all of this but...

I've added disabling the Mastercam Event Logger to the long list of my prerequisites for a round of mcamming.   I know, I know, one more thing you have to do or remember to do prior to starting it up and going.  I do so many it's a habbit and I can't even think of all of them at the mo but since I've started this I have not gotten a single "Repaired NCI."

Sorry I didn't read all of this but...

I've added disabling the Mastercam Event Logger to the long list of my prerequisites for a round of mcamming. I know, I know, one more thing you have to do or remember to do prior to starting it up and going. I do so many it's a habbit and I can't even think of all of them at the mo but since I've started this I have not gotten a single "Repaired NCI."

in the root directory of the mastercam install, find mclogr.exe and rename the extension to something not executable. like .exe_ for example. the logger will not start then. have to do it after updates too, as another executable will get written by the installer.

yeah, i'm from the school of if i don't use it it doesn't need to be running on my computer. :yes

• Like 1

in the root directory of the mastercam install, find mclogr.exe and rename the extension to something not executable. like .exe_ for example. the logger will not start then. have to do it after updates too, as another executable will get written by the installer.

yeah, i'm from the school of if i don't use it it doesn't need to be running on my computer. :yes

edit:

i was mobile when i wrote that and am able to think more clear at my workstation than i can when i'm stuffing a sammich and cookies in my face. :blink:

simply renaming mclogr.exe will not work. mastercam will complain it can't find it and will not start. rename mclogr.exe to something else and copy another innocuous executable and rename it mclogr.exe in its place. i use \windows\system32\whoami.exe.

sorry about any confusion.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so no offense to Tim's calculator but I got tired of closing it when I don't need it.  For some reason it hit me out of the blue.  You can search your computer for win32dll.exe and pick any one of them then copy it, rename it to MCLogr.exe and replace it in the mcam2017 folder.  It will do nothing, you will see nothing and there will be no impact on load time.