Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC2017 Update1 for Mastercam and MCfSW is released

gcode

That is a major bug. I am shocked it was not fixed.

Its a tough one.. it's not reproducible and some machines have it, others don't

We have 5 workstations here plus my machine at home and all of them run very well

I've found MC2017 to be the most stable version yet.

Other people crash everytime they launch the Tool Manager

• Like 1

Its a tough one.. it's not reproducible and some machines have it, others don't

We have 5 workstations here plus my machine at home and all of them run very well

I've found MC2017 to be the most stable version yet.

Other people crash everytime they launch the Tool Manager

Good to know, thanks Tom!

It has made me more diligent on hitting the save button more often.

I hope one of us figures out where the trigger is, I'm betting it is more of a specific hardware issue or specific driver issue. I know it is a pain in the butt for us but I'm starting to feel a little sorry for cnc software on this one having to track down a random issue.

I wouldn't go back to X9 if the tool manager crashed every time though, this release makes more sense than any other in my opinion.

Hello,

I have a requirement to convert a pro e assembly as a step file (without any parameters being copied,  :secret: because  model details cannot be shared with customers ), but it should retain all the original color formats. I have tried doing that using step export format ap214_is. I am still getting some quilts in a different color format. Is there a way I can get all the original color formats? Please note that I can get all original color formats if I open the step file in Solidworks. But in Pro E, I am getting some different color formats.

If you open the STEP file in SolidWorks you get different colors than when you open it in Mastercam?
I'd be happy to take a look at our STEP importer if you could send me the STEP file - or a simple sample that shows the problem.

Having the ProE Assembly would help too - so we can see what colors it's supposed to have - but not critical.

Sorry, but I cannot share any files with anyone. There are some copyright laws which are applicable here.

You can try this out on any simple assembly file containing about 10 components. You'll be able to understand the problem I am facing.

Using step export format ap214_is, convert the assembly into a step file. Try opening it in both solidworks and pro e. In pro e, the color formats will be different for a lot of the models.

• 2 weeks later...