Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving across network....XP

Toolfab

I never had this problem with 2000Pro, but now this XPPro box is hanging up when I go to say my .MC9 file across the network. I am using the same .cfg file that I was on the other box, and now it is hanging up. It flash's very rapidly between the cross hairs, and the hour glass while it is just mapping itself to the server drive. Is there setting that I am missing, again I changed nothing between 2000 and XP. confused.gif

Well I have found in certain places where even though you are the Adim. and you have all the rights is the passwords for each computer is different it cuases some problems. I know that is should not but we are talking about computers and they just do things that make you want ot pull your hair out sometimes.

Crazy Millman

Iskander ye it is Novel Netware, Darryl, no there arent any error's just times out. Kcollins its twisted pair Cat5.

Ron, I have heard of the issues that you speak of, put nothing has been done to the network as of late, except putting two new machines on them. It seems like an MC issue to me, the best I can tell anyway. I can search the server, open my .NC files from the server thru Preditor, but I cant save to the sever thru MC.

Weird.......... confused.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I used to get some strange problems trying to save .PRN files out of excell across the Novell network. Win 2K pro on my system. Drag-and-drop worked fine, but it would refuse to save the file if I initiated the save from excell. If I remember right, it was worse if I tried to create a new folder and save across the network all straight out of excell. No help to you, just sharing quirks. headscratch.gif

We have switched to a Win 2000 network now and all is smooth.