Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

how to force machine sim to limit a axis rotation just like my post

lowcountrycamo

Without getting a 3rd party post there is not way I am aware of. Need to get a hold of your reseller and see if you can get the documentation to tie the post to it, but it is my understanding you need access to the protected part of the post to do it yourself unless you have built a complete post from scratch by yourself.

Yes and I just found it under machine sim - machine definition.  Works just like I want it.  Thanks guys.

Okay, but you do realize that is not tied to the post? It just simulates that limit, but if you miss that in an operation machine sim will not catch the error? Linking the post to it will catch that error. This method just cheats machine sim to not allow the movement even if you have done so with the NC code why I pointed you in the direction I did. Best of luck and hopefully you invest in a Verification product that will simulate true G-Code.

Ron , you are correct. so for me till it is set to the post. I post and check the code then I can set the limit so the machine sim follows. Yes it is more work for the moment.

Guess I was narrowing my answer the specific question asked and not all the methods one can to use get close. That process takes time and really requires a programmer to do a lot of extra steps. Verification programs are that sanity check process to be the catch all for these types of situations. I know you are aware of that, but a very specific question was asked and I answer that specific question. I have asked for the documentation to tie a Post to Machine sim and I was never given an answer. It is my understand Moduleworks now requires 3rd party developers who do this to pay for this service. I feel the end users will never get this ability unless they agree to pay for this ability. Problem is how would they enforce this to the end user since the end user is not purchasing the technology directly from the source company? Again why software like NCSIMUL, CAMPLETE, Vericut and others are in business.

Other issue is Machinesim not tied to a Post is just a pretty picture, but even tied to a post is not 100%. Great tool not bashing it by that comment I am just starting the reality of what it is. I have sued it for years and think it is a good place, but it does not replace a stand alone Verification program that Verify's G-code. Once that is cradle to grave with Posting NC code from the CAM, Simulating Motion and Verifying back to the model are the best ones.

Man you guys made nice too fast. By the time I got to the end I was going to offer mowen's and reko's gloves but then it's all "my friend" and stuff so nevermind. :harhar:

End of the day Jay is my friend and someone I respect. We can have different thoughts or the same thoughts, but we both been on this forum long enough to know end of day none of this is more important than friendship. I know you are messing around, but someone people don't see peers having an open conversation about processes used in every day manufacturing nothing more nothing less.

Happy New Year and praying everyone had a wonderful 2017.

• Like 2

I am indeed messing around.  I hope you know my personality from our emails well enough to know I am indeed poking you two.  It's my style.  I consider both of you friends and hit Jay up on Facebook from time to time.  I just got a little giggle out of the back and forth because I know that routine too well.  At the end of the day, we're all doing the best we can to get by and just want to help one another.

Hope you have a blessed year Ron.

You too Jay.

I am indeed messing around. I hope you know my personality from our emails well enough to know I am indeed poking you two. It's my style. I consider both of you friends and hit Jay up on Facebook from time to time. I just got a little giggle out of the back and forth because I know that routine too well. At the end of the day, we're all doing the best we can to get by and just want to help one another.

Hope you have a blessed year Ron.

You too Jay.

Yes some of us just seem rough and gruff, but in all reality we are just everyday people just doing our best. Yes I do consider you a friend also. Hope you have a blessed year also Jeremy.