Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Captain Kangaroo is dead !

Paul Decelles

quote:

Romper Room

OMG ROFL !! yes I was there. redface.gif

any one remember Bozo the clown??? I was on his show in the audience. he may have been local to the michigan area, man that was a long time ago. black and white tv. heck somewhere I still the original pong game for the TV biggrin.gif the first real home vidio game system I think

Capt. Kangaroo & Mr. Greenjeans

Soupy Sales (for those of us who got New York TV in the early-mid sixties)

Shari Lewis!

Romper Room. Dammit, She looked in that magnifying glass and never did call my name.

And Those Cat and mouse cartoons. Not Tom and Jerry but those that were Wars between the cats and the legions of mice. they goy way back.

RIP. Captain

quote:

God speed good Captain.

I agree! Childhood would not have been the same without him.

Funny you should mention Underdog, Mighty Mouse, and Hong Kong Phooey! Every Christmas for the last several years my sister buys me videos of shows we watched when we were kids. I have both of these now. As well as all the Speed Racer.

I am with you James. If the Muppets were still on, I would be watching, too.

+1000 Phil!

OMG All the great ones are gone! frown.gif "Captain Kangaroo" (loved it when the Captain finally got "Mister Moose" with his own ping pong ball trick). In school I wrote a narrative dialog in creative literature class using a character named "Mister Green Jeans", or it was at least similar to that. "Romper Room" (only called my name once that I can remember and it made my day). "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" (won't you be...my neighbor). "Sesame Street" isn't even the same as it was when I was growing up. Kids today don't know what they're missing. I cringe whenever I hear the voice of "Barney" eek.gif or one of these other poor substitutes for kids programming today. Someone should make the entire series into a massive DVD collection, just so future generations can have the same programming we grew up with. Man how times have changed. We'll miss you Captain. frown.gif