Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Captain Kangaroo is dead !

Paul Decelles

I loved Captain Kangaroo.

I also remember that I couldn't wait for my Mom's soap to get over so I could watch Speed Racer!!!

HR Pufnstuf,Hot Fudge,Jabberjaw,Superfriends,Inch High Private Eye,and of course who could forget The Land Of The Lost with the sleestack and that little monkey/ape friend I forget his name.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Captain Kangaroo & Mr. Greenjeans were my first memories of television as well.

I once met the Dave from Rocketship-7 during the early 1970’s up here in Brantford – this might have been for some celebration at the cities largest shopping mall; turns out the robot was the geeky guy playing the organ on dialing for dollars – no disrespect intended.

Younger members have missed the experience of waiting in front of a black & white TV for hours on end waiting for the broadcast to go on air; once it came on, everybody got real excited.

Johnny Quest and Haji were also very cool cartoon characters. cool.gif

Regards, Jack

quote:

and of course who could forget The Land Of The Lost with the sleestack and that little monkey/ape friend I forget his name.

Check out their website. I was absolutely terrified of the Sleestacks! Imagine being trapped in that smokey, maze-like cave with them hissing at you while holding their crossbows. Creepy when you're 5 years old! frown.gif How about those different colored stones that when used in the right combination, would cause explosions and such.

Remember the "toothpick?"

Thad

[ 01-25-2004, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Hehe....My memories are of Wile Coyote and the Road Runner....I still laugh at those cartoons.

And the coyote bought everything from the Acme company...Jet powered rollerskates, explosives etc...Acme must be one hell of a company smile.gif

quote:

And the coyote bought everything from the Acme company...Jet powered rollerskates, explosives etc...Acme must be one hell of a company

Acme was a great company but it was shut down after loosing a multi billon dollar lawsuit to Wile Coyote. The defense clearly showed that Wile Coyote was using the equipment inconsistent with the manufactures intended application. That’s our justice system. However; after Wile Coyote’s judgment against Acme, the Department of the Interior sued him for the destruction of an innumerable number of ancient stone formations. Sad sad commentary on the times we live in today.

Here are some real sad facts off of DOI website.

Manages 1 out of every 5 acres of land in the US.

The Bureau of Reclamation supplies the water that grows 60% of America's vegetables.

DOI manages 507 million acres of surface land, or about one-fifth of the land in the U.S.

68% of oil and gas reserves are managed by the U.S. Department of the Interior.

This is a good thing??? Ask the farmers of Klamath County Oregon.

I’m cynical, noooooooooooo

John

My memories are of sitting next to the radio listening to "The Green Hornet", "The Lone Ranger", "Mystery Radio Hour", "Superman", "The Shadow", and several others - we didn't have a TV for a long time, just Armed Forces Radio.....

It is somewhat sobering to know that the actors and actresses in the movies you grew up watching are, for the most part, gone...

I belive the Captain served in the Marines. Joined just a few days after the Enola Gay flew

to Hiroshima. He was Clarabelle the Clown on Howdy Doody. Remember the selzer bottle stuff?

Clarabelle never said a word until the last Howdy show. He said, "Goodbye kids." and then went on to become Captain Kangeroo. Mr. Green Jeans, Mr. Moose and Bunny Rabbit are in my memory as long as I will walk this planet. Thanks Captain, and Buffalo Bob.