Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plunge 2D chamfer

SlaveCam

What I meant was drill the chamfer so that the tool won't move in X or Y but just drill deep enough to create a similar chamfer to all the holes.

Consider there'a two holes, one 4mm of diameter and the other is 10mm. If I used 2D chamfer on both (which is what I do right now) it would use the very tip of the tool for both holes and chamfering the 10mm hole would be a bit slower.

In the drilling toolpath dialog, I use the button next to the depth field to calculate the depth of the spot drill to get the chamfer diameter I want. You'll need a separate toolpath for the different sizes. HTH

attachicon.gifdrilling chamfer 1.png

attachicon.gifdrilling chamfer 2.png

attachicon.gifdrilling chamfer 3.png

Yeah, but they should make the depth incremental to the size of the hole. This way you can pick a million different hole sizes and put a .02 x 45 chamfer on all of them with 1 toolpath. Or have I been doing it wrong for the last 20 years? I hope not lol.

There's a plate with dozens of holes of different sizes. Is there a way to chamfer them all with a custom chamfering value just by plunging instead 2D chamfer milling?

I am not sure if u have 3d mill or just 2D in mastercam. We have all but eliminated the chamfer tool. All we do is quickly and easily add the chamfers or fillets (if not in model already)

Then simply create a curve on all chamfer edges.

Toolpath 3d waterline

Select all curves for containment

Use a radius mill with .003-.005" step downs

Make sure u go to transition tab and change skip pockets to 0. I usually also go to linkining parameters and adjust ramps and helix so it starts each hole faster. It gives a perfect chamfer every time and if u choose a fillet instead u get a very unique 3D look that is awesome for not having any burrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk