Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

reduce feed on G3

mirek1017

feed on arc.PNG

If you only want to change a couple of operations, lock all of your OPS except the ones you want to change, then go into and set the settings you want, regen them and unlock the ones you didn't want changed

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, JParis said:

feed on arc.PNG

If you only want to change a couple of operations, lock all of your OPS except the ones you want to change, then go into and set the settings you want, regen them and unlock the ones you didn't want changed

In this option it will slow down all arc move, right?  so that's mean if I have lead in & lead out on arc move it will slow down too. but what if I don't want lead in & lead out to be slow down, what can I do? ( beside change my lead in & lead out to a line move )

2 minutes ago, gcode said:

MC2018 has an "Override Arc Feed Rate" setting on the Filter page of contour tool paths

I have not had the opportunity to check it out yet

I was just going to mention this too because I think this 2018 feature is easier and more powerful than the Adjust feed on arc move that we had in the past. If you are not already a beta tester its easy to do if you decide to join the beta program http://www.mastercam.com/en-us/Public-Beta

I am on X7, so am not sure if this will apply to higher versions - 

You can also use the toolpath editor in mcam to change individual moves on toolpaths, so it will post with the reduced feed rate, but AFAIK you need to manually set each arc individually.  It's a little time consuming.  

On this forum there is a post about setting a post processor up to do that for you automatically.  Search for "Linear to ID/OD feed rate convertion" if you are interested in that. Either doing it yourself or maybe having reseller implement it for you.  I haven't run any programs with it yet, but I am going to and think it will work well and is a good solution to this.  I have always edited the code by hand afterwards when I knew there were arcs that would need it, or if there were problems running a program, and that way is also time consuming.   

I thought I had seen a video a few years ago showing doing arc feedrate changes with the "Highfeed" option, but I have never played with it, so I am not sure if that is possible.  

• Like 2

Hi Master80. Have you ever used the Toolpath Editor? I believe toolpath editor will allow you to slow the tool to a different feed rate at a certain distance before the arc, you may need to break the chain at that location but as long as there is a break at that position when editing toolpath points through toolpath editor you can easily modify the feed rate starting at that position.

• Like 1

n

39 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Hi Master80. Have you ever used the Toolpath Editor? I believe toolpath editor will allow you to slow the tool to a different feed rate at a certain distance before the arc, you may need to break the chain at that location but as long as there is a break at that position when editing toolpath points through toolpath editor you can easily modify the feed rate starting at that position.

no,I never heard about this function ,where  can find this???

42 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Use the Toolpath editor all the time.

2 hours ago, Brian Pallas said:

In the Operations Manager, green check the toolpath you want to edit, "right click" with the mouse to get the drop down menu, "Toolpath Editor" is on that list.

To edit toolpaths in specific places that done have them you need to backplot the toolpath and save that backplotted toolpath to a level. Then you can create the break point you need to add and the reduce the feed where you want. With Dynamic toolpaths I have not done this in years, but that is how you go about doing it.

• Like 1