Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WCS change warning

It seems I have a need for a warning message to come up when posting, to alert me that I am posting out toolpaths with different wcs's. This gets me most often when doing 5 axis positional work, although I have been known to do it on a 3 axis machine as well.

So, say I'm posting 10 toolpaths, and I forget to check that all my wcs's are set correctly, I need the post to catch my error before the machine gets run (and crashed)

Would this be a simple post mod, or would it be more involved? 

Thanks in advance!

Depends on what, exactly you want. Many posts have a switch that will limit the wcs to use only the 1st offset.

#Work offsets
workofs$     : -1    #Initialize work offset
force_wcs    : yes$  #Force WCS output at every toolchange?
use_frst_wcs : yes$  #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

5 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

Depends on what, exactly you want. Many posts have a switch that will limit the wcs to use only the 1st offset.

#Work offsets
workofs$     : -1    #Initialize work offset
force_wcs    : yes$  #Force WCS output at every toolchange?
use_frst_wcs : yes$  #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI

Sorry I don't think that is the same. That is talking about work offsets. What he is talking about is an internal thing inside of Mastercam. How to have check the file and see the WCS is the same for the operations wouldn't be an easy thing in my humble opinion. Colin am I thinking wrong here?

48 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Sorry I don't think that is the same. That is talking about work offsets. What he is talking about is an internal thing inside of Mastercam. How to have check the file and see the WCS is the same for the operations wouldn't be an easy thing in my humble opinion. Colin am I thinking wrong here?

Your thinking is correct, however, I dont think it would be that hard.

Start at the beginning of the Post  (psof$), and capture the WCS Name as a String.

Then simply compare the Strings at each call to the Tool Change event. In 3X and 4X posts, I'd check this in 'ptlchg1002$'.

Since 'ptlchg1002$' can be inside the PSB, in 5X posts, you can use 'prot$' instead as the location to check.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wanting to do this exact thing. I don't think that putting it at the "PSOF" will work though. At least I had problems with it. I'm going to try to use a buffer in "pwrtt" whenever I get around to it. My post is the generic 5 axis post.

You will have to re-read Colins post to figure out exactly where to put this code since our posts are different. Remember to backup your post before you try to make changes

Put the below code with the other variables near the top of the post.

swcswdg : "" 
swcswdgchk : ""

Add Below code to  section ptlchg1002$

if swcswdg <> swcswdgchk, #check for multiple wcs
	   [
	    result = mprint(swdgwcschk)                   
		swcswdg = swcswdgchk
	   ]

Add code below to PSOF section

swcswdg = swcswdgchk

Add code below to pparameter$ section

if prmcode$ = 20014, swcswdgchk = sparameter$ #check for multiple wcs

Add code below to custom errors section

swdgwcschk : "WCS is inconsistent. Verify WCS is correct in toolpath."
  • Like 1
Just now, PcRobotic said:

WDG5555, Colin is a very good post trainer.  I used to take MANY classes from him.  I'm not 100% to write all the post, surely I at least learned so much from him.

Ya Colin's posts above are correct. I never should have questioned it.

:)