Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Problems with our Okuma mill.

Jeff2005

Okuma Millac 1052VII mill with the Tsudakoma TN-320 4th/5th axis rotary table

We are having issues with the above listed machine.  Not sure if it on the mill side or the post side.  Is anyone using this combination setup or even this machine that could help?

We are using inverse timing for the trunnion.  I will provide more info if needed, depending if anyone has this setup.

thanks for any help you could give.

Jeff

Understand, my apologizes for being so vague.  The inverse timing isn't working properly.  The speeds are off, running way too slow.  When we varify in mastercam, with machine simulator, it is showing to be correct motion.  When loaded in the Okuma, it is doing something totally different.

thanks,

Jeff 

In the control def, do you have the Inverse set to Feedrate in Minutes or Feedrate in seconds?

And you are certain Inverse is required, correct?

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

Using Feedrate in Minutes.   I am not sure, we were told by our reseller that we needed it.  we had to request this option be added by Okuma.

thanks,

In your situation, I'd send that off to an Okuma AE and ask, "What am I missing, this isn't running right on our machine"  it might we be a machine parameter, which they should be in the position to know

I was wrong in saying who said we needed to run inverse timing.  It was NOT our reseller for Mastercam.  It was the company we bought the machine from.

I am not sure the machine company knows at this point.  We have been trying to figure this out for almost 9 months with no success.

thanks for your input.

Jeff

17 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

I was wrong in saying who said we needed to run inverse timing.  It was NOT our reseller for Mastercam.  It was the company we bought the machine from.

I am not sure the machine company knows at this point.  We have been trying to figure this out for almost 9 months with no success.

thanks for your input.

Jeff

9 months?  I'd be pi$$ed after 9 days

They can't give you a sample of code that runs?   or tell you why yours won't?

That's some BS if I've ever heard it...

You should ping YoDoug or Brad Lisle on this forum...IIRC, they bother work for Okuma dealers and "might" be able to offer some assistance

Edited by Guest

I had a similar problem on an old HBM with an aftermarket rotary table.

All efforts to fix it properly failed so I hacked it

I wrote a toolpath 10" long and gave it a feed rate of 10ipm, then timed how long it took to run,

From that data I calculated a fudge factor and multiplied all rotary feed rates by that value in the post

Yes, it's a caveman hack...and  the results aren't perfect, but it works

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gcode said:

I had a similar problem on an old HBM with an aftermarket rotary table.

All efforts to fix it properly failed so I hacked it

I wrote a toolpath 10" long and gave it a feed rate of 10ipm, then timed how long it took to run,

From that data I calculated a fudge factor and multiplied all rotary feed rates by that value in the post

Yes, it's a caveman hack...and  the results aren't perfect, but it works

You been stealing from the Crazy^Millman playbook. :whistle::D Or did I steal that idea form you? :whistle::D