Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Metric threads, uhggg

DODGERFAN

I am looking for some info for a  50 X 2 external thread. Oddball B.S.......

Ive found a few charts and they are all different. Master cam doesn't have that thread in the lathe file. Can someone please tell me what the minor diameter is?   

10 minutes ago, DODGERFAN said:

This is one of the charts i was using. When i use the minor from this chart, mastercam tells me "less than 1 thread will be cut with the current thread lead".

My lead is.07874, what am i missing?

I'm not sure.. it sounds like you're telling it the thread length is less than .07874" long

• 1 month later...

Hijack/ revival:

got an aerospace part calling out MJ threads per ANSI/ASME B1.21M. Since i can't seem to find the spec on the net, I'll ask the experts here.

With English UNJ aero threads the only thing different for (internal) thread is you make the minor smaller to account for the shaft root radius. Even the thread gauge remains the same.

So what is different with an MJ thread compared to M, other than root radius or internal minor dia????

I borrowed a thread gauge from the customer that is labeled MJ and there is a section of the Carmex catolog that lists MJ threadmills.

:head scratch:

ok, just talked to the gage house that inscribed it with a "J". It's just to make ignorant people (like me and source inspectors) happy seeing the same spec on print as on the gage. There is no physical difference on a plug gage.

still not sure why carmex lists MJ threadmills...