Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where do I start with probe post?

Hello everyone,
    X9, 2017 and 2018 are great and now I'm stepping to probe section.  After I watched many tutorials, I am pretty much indeed know to use it.  Beautiful function with on machine Q.C instead of taking off to Q.C department, catching mistakes right on the floor. 

However, my question is "Where can I get a basic probe post?".  From my dealer?  Is it free or I have to pay certain fee for this?  We have 2 kinds of machinery, HAAS and FANUC.  Do I have to purchase 2 separate post s for the probe of which has integrated in the MasterCam already or I can easily add the functions into my post?

Thank you for your time to respond this, I'm very new to the probe and forgive me if I ask too much.

Best regards,
   S.Luong

Get a hold of Sierra CAD CAM and they can help you get this done. You don't realize this is a loaded question and there are many things to consider when it comes to probing. I am not redirecting you to them to not answer your question, just think they can spend the time with you to best answer your question is all.

Steven,

This really depends on so many factors. Most people (for years) have written Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing code. This is different from using "Renishaw Productivity Plus" in Mastercam. That option costs money. You have to buy a Probing License and add it to your Hasp.

All of the Generic Fanuc Mill Posts support Probing with Prod Plus, more or less, "out of the box", but, and this is a big BUT, you have to also get a Renishaw Productivity Plus Post. This "RenMF" file works in conjunction with your existing Mastercam Post to output the code. You must work with your Reseller to get the RenMF file configured properly.

The RenMF files are not available to the general public. You must go through your Reseller if you want Productivity Plus.

The other option is Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing code. This keeps everything inside one Mastercam Post, but doesn't allow you the same flexibility that Productivity Plus does. For most users, Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing are the best solution.

22 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Steven,

This really depends on so many factors. Most people (for years) have written Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing code. This is different from using "Renishaw Productivity Plus" in Mastercam. That option costs money. You have to buy a Probing License and add it to your Hasp.

All of the Generic Fanuc Mill Posts support Probing with Prod Plus, more or less, "out of the box", but, and this is a big BUT, you have to also get a Renishaw Productivity Plus Post. This "RenMF" file works in conjunction with your existing Mastercam Post to output the code. You must work with your Reseller to get the RenMF file configured properly.

The RenMF files are not available to the general public. You must go through your Reseller if you want Productivity Plus.

The other option is Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing code. This keeps everything inside one Mastercam Post, but doesn't allow you the same flexibility that Productivity Plus does. For most users, Custom Drill Cycles to output Probing are the best solution.

Thank you Colin, this is really big help on the info.

PS: Do you have time to train me sometime next weekend?  I am in trouble now, I am very please with your help.  Please train me.

1 hour ago, C^Millman said:

Get a hold of Sierra CAD CAM and they can help you get this done. You don't realize this is a loaded question and there are many things to consider when it comes to probing. I am not redirecting you to them to not answer your question, just think they can spend the time with you to best answer your question is all.

Thank you for your consideration, C^MillMan.  Over the weekend, it is something pop up in my head about PROBING.

26 minutes ago, PcRobotic said:

Thank you for your consideration, C^MillMan.  Over the weekend, it is something pop up in my head about PROBING.

If you do a search I have posted many things about how to probe using Mastercam post. Some of which I have shared with you over the years as examples to some of your questions. Here are some of the links again.

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=17722

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=15291

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=19194

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=24313

http://www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28834

www.emastercam.com/board/index.php?showtopic=31183

• Like 4