Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Any Nascar fans out there?

Scott Bond

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, this is a little more my speed.

The new Ducati MotoGP bike. 230+HP at 16,500 RPM.

326 pounds. Last years bike hit a trap speed of 209 MPH at Mugello. Can't even imagine going the speeds these guys do, draggin' knees around the corners. Especially with a contact patch the size of a credit card. Can't wait until April 18th!! attachment.php?s=&postid=51500

Scott, I didn't mean anything (nor did I intend to hijack). I sincerely appologize anyway.

I wish that NASCAR raced on more road courses. Those are always the best to watch IMHO. But, I also know that this is the biggest week of the year for all the fans that have waited too long over that blasted winter break.

Personally, I was always an Ernie Irvan fan. However, those days are long gone......

Cheers

quote:

Scott next sunday Saugus Speed way right?

Yep!!

Everything is going good,,, and this race will be just as close as the Bud shootout's 20 cars but the 500 has 43 cars.

I have family pack tickets from Irwindale, and Ventura speedways, as well as some other cool stuff for our Raffle every 30 minutes. We have a live band, shopping, food and Beer for about 10,000 ..

I am a Moldmaker in Rochester NY.

And I Love Nascar. Dale Jr is my fav. so i have to

say hell be fast this year. However I think either

Jimmie Johnson or Ryan Newman will be real fast

and reall tough to beat. It'll be interesting to see how the new points system will hold up.

Moto,

eek.gif Nextel eek.gif Cup cars on a road course is like a bull in a china shop. They're just not made to do that.

Here goes the hijack

While the races are more interesting, F1 all the way for real road racing. As for that new Duc, eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif , lust is the only word that comes to mind.

230+ hp on 325 lbs!!!!

It would definitely be a one way ticket for me to the dirt condo pushin up daisies but man what a way to go!

I think adem1 nailed it when he said Newman and Johnson will be real fast but you can never count Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart out of it. Dale Jr. the "prince" of Nascar, and any DEI cars for that matter, will always run well on the super-speedway/wind tracks (and Dale Jr. didn't do so bad on the road courses towards the end of last season either).

I have been rooting for Jimmie Johnson cause the guy showed so much potential right from the get go but my wife said she thought he was cute Saturday night so I've got to reconsider rooting for him. headscratch.gif I also like to root for Terry LaBonte and Dale Jarrett cause they both seem like real humble individuals with lots of class.

I guess it doesn't matter who wins to me as long as it is a clean race that's not decided on fuel mileage.

It will be interesting to see if the new faster wearing softer tire compound will work in favour of the older drivers .I thing the hard charging youngsters will have to learn to pace themselves a bit more.Alot less 2 tire stops at the end of the race i'll bet.

cheers.gif Noel