Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Bible

Books are very important but experience with the program even more ,IMHO .

Use it day and night ,travel through commands and options ,use quick help and MC help and look on samples .

If you will learn basics ,the further steps will be fast .

I haven`t read no books except MC ver7 books you get from CNC software but catched basics fast enough .

Better to do once than 100 times to read , and even better first read and then do .

Iskander teh lazy trick .

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I personally like books. I read EVERYTHING. Cereal boxes, ingredients, magazines, anything I can get my hands on ... I am just partial to current CORRECT information that's all. biggrin.gif

Of what is out there for MC Stuff, the IHS stuff is good and the Mastercam Handbooks as well.

JM2C

Hi

this forum is the best MC Bible you could ever need.

You can ask a question here, and sometimes get 2-3 responses / solutions to your problem in just a few minutes.

You can also make friends with people on the forum who are willing to help you out when you REALLY get stuck. Thanks again, James, Scott, and everyone!! cheers.gif

Honestly, Out of all the books I've bought (alot), none has ever even come close to this place.

Thanks

John

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok what's in Caption Crunch sir?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeez Jayson, everybody knows there's two scoops of raisins

you got raisens in you capt crunch. mam o man i'm movin north of the border,canada has it all

trevor

quote:

Solids are tricky to master but once it clicks, you will find they make life alot easier.....

+1 Murlin

I've only had solids for about 2 years now. Don't know how I got by without them prior to that time. In my opinion solids are easier to work with than the 2d stuff once you will understand them. Give it time and experience.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

... going along with what Code said, often, when I get a part I'll spend a fair amount of time just looking at it. Those extra 30-40 minutes on the front end save hours on the back end.

James teh fail to plan, plan to fail...

Using solids does take a little bit of time. Leaving the corners sharp is the best advise. Filletting is the last thing you should do. I couldn't live without solids anymore.

As for the original topic of "Mastercam Bible", I dont think there is any true Mastercam bible. If you put everything that Mastercam can do and every possible way to do it, the book would be to big to find anything. My customers like the In House books. The problem I have is the older I get the less my eyes like to read.

I prefer video training that teaches a process. Most books tell you what to do but not why your doing it. This leads to and action without an understanding of the result. Instructor based video training gives the oppertunity to explain why we did it and also what not to do (exceptions to the rule) in a way that communicates logical selections to the user.

Most people dont like to read any more. I can learn by seeing, then by doing with video. Plus I never have to take my eyes off of the screen like you have to do with books. My customers have had great success with video training.

Mike Mattera